Make this simple Sausage Pizza Dip with pork sausage, a homemade pizza sauce and gooey mozzarella cheese. Bake it all together in a cast iron skillet and enjoy!
All the flavor of sausage pizza in a sizzling skillet dip
Did you know you can use a roll of breakfast sausage and turn it into a delicious sausage pizza dip? That’s exactly what I did here!
I used a few simple ingredients to turn traditional sausage pizza into a keto sausage pizza by making it a dip. Then, I took sliced green bell peppers and used them for dipping!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this savory pizza dip?
- Small cast iron skillet for cooking and baking the skillet dip
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups for measuring ingredients
- Stiff spatula for breaking sausage roll into crumbles
- Spoon or small whisk for mixing pizza sauce together
What ingredients will I need to make this keto sausage pizza dip?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this sizzling skillet pizza dip with just the basic ingredients listed below.
- Roll of ground pork sausage – I used one from Jones Dairy Farm
- Tomato paste, water and spices to make a quick pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese – I used mini mozzarella balls for this, but you can use shredded mozzarella
What should I use to dip into this sausage pizza dip?
To keep this recipe low carb I used sliced green bell peppers for dipping. I love sausage and pepper pizza so using the green bell pepper slices adds an amazing flavor.
You can also use toasted baguette slices or focaccia points for dipping!
Let’s make a Sausage Pizza Dip!
Step 1: Brown pork sausage
To begin, preheat oven to 400F. Then, heat a small cast iron skillet over medium heat and place a roll of pork sausage in the warm skillet.
Break up the pork into crumbles with a stiff spatula, cook until browned about 6 minutes. If you are having trouble getting the crumbles to break apart, you can take them out of the skillet once cooked and chop them.
Step 2: Mix in pizza sauce
Then, make a simple pizza sauce by mixing the tomato paste, water, salt, crushed red pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Take the pizza sauce and mix it into the sausage crumbles in the skillet.
Step 3: Top with mozzarella cheese and bake
Next, top with the mozzarella cheese and place in the oven. Bake at 400F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is browned on top.
Enjoy with green bell pepper slices or slices of toasted baguette!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this sausage dip keep in the fridge?
This sausage pizza dip is best enjoyed immediately, but you can store the cooked dip in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven, toaster oven or air fryer.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 12oz ground pork sausage roll – I used Jone’s Dairy Farm
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6oz mozzarella – I used mini mozzarella balls, but you can use shredded mozzarella or slices too
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat a small cast iron skillet over medium heat and place a roll of pork sausage in the warm skillet
- Break up the pork into crumbles with a stiff spatula, cook until browned about 6 minutes – if you are having trouble getting the crumbles to break apart you can take them out of the skillet once cooked and chop them
- Make a simple pizza sauce by mixing the tomato paste, water, salt, crushed red pepper, oregano, and garlic powder
- Take the pizza sauce and mix it into the sausage crumbles in the skillet
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and place in the oven
- Bake at 400F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is browned on top
- Enjoy with green bell pepper slices or slices of toasted baguette