These Buffalo Chicken Bites are the perfect low carb salad topper or appetizer for game day! Made with almond flour crust they are crisp on the outside with a delicious simple sauce. They are the perfect healthy boneless buffalo wing for your next meal prep or party!
Buffalo Chicken Bites are the best game-day snack!
What is the #1 thing you crave on game day? For me its hand down buffalo chicken anything. Chips and salsa as a very close second, but these buffalo chicken bites might be my new favorites.
I love wings, but sometimes I don’t want to eat off the bone. That’s when its perfect to have these healthy little bites. These boneless buffalo wings give me all of the satisfaction of a buffalo chicken wing with the ease of a single bite-sized piece.
You can get all of the flavor of a buffalo chicken wing without using deep fryer or any oil! Just coat chicken in an almond flour breading and bake until golden brown. Then toss the chicken strips in a delicious buffalo sauce.
With just a few tweaks these bites are also Whole30 compliant. This delicious and healthy little snack, lunch or appetizer comes together in about 30 minutes.
I like to enjoy these spicy chicken bites in all different ways! They make for a delicious appetizer. I like to serve them on a platter with some of my Homemade Ranch Dressing and some celery. You can also serve them with some classic blue cheese dressing.
I also like to make these buffalo chicken bites on a Sunday as a part of my meal prep. Then I can use these little bites in meals throughout the week. They are a great salad topper for a simple romaine lettuce salad.
I like to make a simple buffalo chicken bite salad with chopped romaine lettuce, diced cucumbers, crumbled goat cheese, sliced green onions and, of course, the buffalo chicken!
Check out these other appetizer recipes
- Sharp knife and cutting board to cut the chicken breast into small pieces
- Baking sheet and parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Frying pan and serving spoon for tossing chicken in the buffalo sauce
Grab a few simple ingredients to make a batch of the buffalo chicken bites.
I like to used chicken breasts for this buffalo chicken bite recipe, but you can also use chicken breast tenderloins or chicken thighs. Just be sure to cut them into even sized bite sized pieces.
You can make this recipe dairy free by substituting the butter for a plant based butter substitute. You can also make this boneless buffalo wing recipe vegetarian by replacing the chicken breast pieces with cubes of tofu. It is best to use extra firm tofu so that it does not crumble when it is breaded.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Bites
Serve the bites however you would like! I like mine on a salad with cucumbers and ranch dressing. I always use my homemade ranch dressing recipe.
These bites are also perfect as an appetizer on a toothpick with some blue cheese or ranch dipping sauces.
Storage and Reheating
These buffalo chicken bites are best if enjoyed immediately. If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the oven or toaster oven to keep these buffalo chicken breast bites crispy.
Check out these other Delicious Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Pantry Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
Keep reading to find the full recipe below and serve them for your next party or game day! If you make these bites, please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cube chicken breast into bite size pieces
- Beat 2 eggs in a shallow dish
- Combine almond flour, salt and pepper in a separate dish
- Bread each chicken breast cube by tossing in the egg, then almond flour mixture
- Place each breaded chicken cube on the baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove the chicken from the oven
- Heat the ghee and hot suace in a frying pan over medium low until all of the ghee is melted
- Reduce the heat to low, mix the ghee and hot sauce together thoroughly and toss the chicken bites in the mixture until they are fully coated
- Remove the buffalo chicken bites from the pan and serve with celery and ranch