These Buffalo Chicken Bites are the perfect salad topper or appetizer for game day! They are the perfect boneless buffalo wings for your next meal prep or party.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Perfect for parties – Chicken wings are a football staple, so these buffalo chicken bites are the perfect addition to game day parties. I love these chicken bites as a way to add some protein into the mix of appetizers for parties.
- Great for kids and adults – Buffalo chicken bites are great for both kids and adults! If your kids do not love spice, you can keep some chicken nuggets out of the sauce for them.
- Amazing for meal prep – I love making a big batch of these buffalo chicken bites for the week ahead. They are great to throw on sandwiches or in a wrap for delicious and easy lunches.
- Quick and easy breading – A lot of time breaded recipes involve eggs, bread crumbs, and a three step breading process. While that is so delicious, I love this recipe as a short cut to breaded chicken.
I like to enjoy these boneless buffalo wings in all different ways! They make for a delicious appetizer. I like to serve them on a platter with some of my Homemade Ranch Dressing or avocado ranch dressing and some celery sticks. You can also serve them with some homemade blue cheese dressing.
These buffalo chicken bites are a great swap into this buffalo chicken salad. They are also great on a wrap with lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomato, and avocado. I also love to serve them with air fryer french fries for a classic combo.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – make sure to use boneless, skinless breasts so you can easily cube your chicken
- All purpose flour – the flour creates the breading on the chicken to make it a boneless buffalo wing
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder – this simple spice blend is all you need to make these chicken bites delicious. Feel free to add more spices if you would like, such as paprika or a little cayenne.
- Olive oil – I use olive oil to saute the chicken, but you can use any oil you would like
- Butter – melted butter is the key to buffalo sauce. It creates a sauce that will coat your chicken bites perfectly
- Hot sauce – I typically use Frank’s for a classic buffalo flavor, but use whatever hot sauce you love
I like to used chicken breasts for this buffalo chicken bite recipe, but you can also use chicken breast tenderloins or chicken thighs. Just be sure to cut them into even sized bite sized pieces.
For a gluten free recipe, use gluten-free flour in place of the all purpose flour.
You can also make this boneless buffalo wing recipe vegetarian by replacing the chicken breast pieces with cubes of tofu. It is best to use extra firm tofu so that it does not crumble when it is breaded.
How to make
Step 1: Cube Chicken and add flour mixture
Combine the flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl (Image 1). Cut the chicken into uniform size cubes and place in a mixing bowl (Image 2). Pour over the cubed chicken and toss to coat (Image 3).
Step 2: Saute the chicken
Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is warm add a batch of the chicken to the pan – you are going to need to cook these in batches so that each piece of the chicken browns evenly. Cook the chicken for 6 minutes flipping occasionally until golden brown each side (Image 4).
Place the cooked chicken on a plate between batches and add a bit more oil to the pan for each batch of chicken.
While you can bake these in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, I find they do not get as crispy as when you saute.
Step 3: Make the Sauce and coat the chicken
When all of the chicken is cooked remove it from the pan and reduce the heat to low. Add the butter and hot sauce to the pan and mix them together as the butter melts (Image 5).
Add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce and toss to coat all of the chicken evenly (Image 6). Remove from the pan and enjoy!
Storage and Reheating
These buffalo chicken bites are best if enjoyed immediately. If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer to keep these buffalo chicken breast bites crispy.
Check out these other Delicious Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Pantry Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Keep reading to find the full recipe below! If you make these bites, please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup hot sauce – I recommend Franks Red Hot
- Cut the chicken into uniform size cubes and place in a mixing bowl. Combine the flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the cubed chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is warm add a batch of the chicken to the pan – you are going to need to cook these in batches so that each piece of the chicken browns evenly. Cook the chicken for 6 minutes flipping occasionally to brown each side.
- Place the cooked chicken on a plate between batches and add a bit more oil to the pan for each batch of chicken.
- When all of the chicken is cooked remove it from the pan and reduce the heat to low. Add the butter and hot sauce to the pan and mix them together as the butter melts.
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the sauce and toss to coat all of the chicken evenly. Remove from the pan and enjoy!
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.