Whole30 BLT Chicken Salad
This BLT Chicken Salad is the perfect quick and easy Whole30 lunch. Just pack up this healthy chicken salad and enjoy on a bed of lettuce, in lettuce cups or simply on its own.
This Keto Chicken Salad recipe will be on repeat in our home in January.
Every once in a while I create a recipe that my girlfriend Amy goes absolutely crazy over. Since I first created this simple Whole30 lunch recipe she has asked me to remake it many times.
This is the kind of recipe that you will need in your arsenal in order to make it through the Whole30. You can keep this BLT Chicken Salad in the fridge and enjoy it whenever.
I always liked having a Whole30 chicken salad recipe on hand that I did not need to reheat.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this healthy Whole30 lunch?
- Saucepan for poaching the chicken
- Mixing bowls to combine the ingredients
- Forks to shred the chicken
- Wooden mixing spoon to mix it all together!
What ingredients will I need to make this Whole30 BLT Chicken Salad?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this healthy Whole30 recipe. Just grab these 6 simple ingredients and get to cooking!
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Green onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mayo – I like Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Black pepper
Can I use a rotisserie chicken to make this healthy chicken salad?
Yes! You can make it even easier to make this healthy Whole30 lunch by using a rotisserie chicken to make it.
Skip the step of poaching your chicken breasts and take the breasts from the rotisserie chicken and shred them with two forks. Then, follow the rest of the recipe instructions as listed.
Let’s make Whole30 BLT Chicken Salad!
Step 1: Poach the Chicken
First, place two chicken breasts in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Then, place the pot on the stove over high heat and allow the water to come to a boil.
Once the water is boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium-low. Then, allow the chicken to simmer for 14 minutes. Finally, remove the pot from the heat.
Step 2: Cook the Bacon
While the chicken is poaching, cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Allow the bacon to cook until crispy.
Then, place on a paper towel on a plate to drain the bacon fat. Next, chop the bacon into bite-size pieces.
Step 3: Shred the Chicken
Once the chicken has cooled slightly, remove it from the pan and place on a plate. Then, shred the chicken with two forks.
Step 3: Mix, Mix, Mix
Once the shredded chicken has cooled slightly, combine chopped green onion, mayo, and pepper in a small bow. Then, add shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, chopped bacon, and mayo mixture to the bowl.
Finally, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl until all pieces of chicken are evenly coated.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this Whole30 BLT Chicken Salad keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, this chicken salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I like to serve this on a bed of lettuce or in lettuce cups!
Can I freeze chicken salad?
Yes you can freeze this keto chicken salad, but I do not recommend it. If you freeze this chicken salad recipe, the flavor and texture will not be the same once it is thawed.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
BLT Chicken Salad
This keto chicken salad is a quick and easy Whole30 lunch option!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a medium sized sauce pan and cover with cold water until both breasts are covered with at least 1″ of water
- Place pot on the stove uncovered and bring water to a boil
- Reduce the water to a simmer and cover with a lid
- Simmer the chicken for 14 minutes then remove from heat
- While the chicken cookes prepare the bacon on the stovetop – fry at medium-low heat until crispy
- Place cooked bacon on a towel to drain some grease and then chop into bite sized pieces
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, green onion, and black pepper
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the water and shredd on a plate or cutting board with 2 forks
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, mayo, green onion and pepper mixture, quartered cherry tomatoes and chopped bacon
- Mix all ingredients until evenly combined
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days
If you are on the Whole30 be sure to use Whole30 compliant bacon and mayo. I like this one.
Leave a Comment