This Maple Cinnamon Snack Mix is the perfect salty-sweet fall treat. It is SO easy to make this sweet chex mix recipe. Just mix your ingredients together and toss them in a maple white chocolate sauce.
Make this simple salty-sweet fall snack mix
Last month I made a buffalo snack mix that I thought was PERFECT, but Amy told me she’d prefer a sweet maple snack mix. Amy loves maple flavored anything like this Maple Cinnamon Grain Free Granola. I went back to the drawing board and came up with this.
This is a maple cinnamon snack mix that is SO simple, but still delicious. You can easily make this sweet fall treat in less than 20 minutes.
All you need to do is mix the dry ingredients.Then, melt the white chocolate and mix the wet ingredients. Finally, toss it all together, cool and serve!
How should I serve this sweet and salty Chex mix?
We have been keeping this snack mix on our counter as an easy grab and go snack. This sweet chex mix recipe is perfect as a party appetizer.
You could also make a big batch, package it in individual baggies and give it out as a party favor. We also love to make it as a sweet and salty movie snack.
It would also be a great addition to a spread of Thanksgiving dinner desserts.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Microwave or double boiler for melting white chocolate
What ingredients will I need to make this sweet chex mix recipe?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this snack mix with just a few basic ingredients. The best part is that you can store all of these ingredients in your pantry and make this sweet and salty chex mix whenever you want!
- Rice chex cereal
- Mini pretzels
- Roasted peanuts
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Maple extract
I prefer to make this sweet chex mix with rice chex cereal, but you can use corn chex instead. Avoid using wheat chex because the texture is too rough.
Lastly, if you cannot find white chocolate chips you can certainly use a white chocolate bar. Chop the bar into chunks so that it melts faster and more evenly.
Let’s make a Maple Cinnamon Snack Mix!
Step 1: Mix dry ingredients
To begin, add rice chex cereal, pretzels and peanuts to a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients together.
Step 2: Prepare maple cinnamon white chocolate mixture
This mixture will might thick and sticky so mix it together as best you can. If you are having trouble mixing, gently heat the mixture over a double boiler.
Step 3: Mix the two together
Next, pour the warm melted chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and mix immediately. Then, mix until the maple chocolate is as distributed as possible throughout the dry mixture.
It’s okay if some pieces are more coated in the chocolate than others.
Finally, pour the mixture onto a lined baking sheet to cool. Allow to cool completely and then enjoy.
This sweet chex mix recipe is best enjoyed immediately. If you want to make it ahead of time, store in an air tight container in the refrigerator to ensure freshness.
How should I store this Salty Sweet Chex Mix?
I like to store this in an airtight container in a cool, dark location so that the chocolate doesn’t melt. It will be okay out of the fridge for up to 4 days or will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Check out these other fun snack mix recipes!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 3 cups rice Chex (can substitute with corn Chex)
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (can substitute with vanilla extract, but it will not have the strong maple flavor)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Add rice chex cereal, pretzels and peanuts to a large mixing bowl and mix them all together
- Heat white chocolate chips and coconut oil until chocolate melts. Warm maple syrup in the microwave and mix into the white chocolate and coconut oil.
- Mix maple extract and cinnamon into the melted chocolate mixture – this mixture might seem thick and sticky so mix it together as best you can
- Pour the warm melted chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and mix immediately
- Mix until the maple chocolate is as distributed as possible throughout the dry mixture – its okay if some pieces are more coated in the chocolate than others
- Pour the mixture onto a lined baking sheet to cool
- Allow to cool completely and then enjoy
- This snack mix is best enjoyed immediately, but you can store it in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days