Paleo Taco Dip is a healthy, paleo twist on a traditional taco or seven-layer dip! This Whole30 appetizer is perfect for a party or watching some football.
Let’s get to dipping!!
When I first made this recipe Amy said, “You gotta have this dip at the Super Bowl. Everyone loves a dip.” So here you have it!
A healthy taco dip that everyone at your Super Bowl party will LOVE! Technically there are 7 layers to this dip so you could also call it a 7 layer dip, but it really tastes more like a taco. Either way, it’s a delcious dip and relatively easy to make!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Paleo Taco Dip?
- Sharp knife
- Cutting boards
- Frying pan
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Glass storage container
- Spoons and spatulas for spreading the layers
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy Whole30 appetizer?
- Ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Avocado oil
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Cashew sour cream – you can use my homemade recipe, Siete Foods queso, or the Cashew Fiesta Dip from Trader Joe’s
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Black olives
- Pickled jalapenos
Let’s make a Paleo Taco Dip!
Step 1: Prep Taco Meat
First, dice the yellow onion. Then, heat oil and onion in a frying pan for about 4 minutes. Next, add seasonings to the pan with the onion.
Then, add the ground beef to the pan. Cook for about 7 minutes, breaking into small crumbles as you cook. Next, remove the pan from the heat and drain the excess oil from the beef.
Step 2: Assemble Dip Layers
Then, take a 5×7 glass storage container and assemble your layers. Start wit the ground beef then add the cashew sour cream, the guacamole, the salsa, the shredded lettuce, the black olives, and, finally, the pickled jalapenos.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Enjoy this healthy dip with some tortilla chips, plantain chips, or if you are on the Whole30 use some veggies or homemade plantain chips!
How long will this dip keep in the fridge?
Technically this dip will still be safe to eat up to 4 days after it is prepared. The taste will be best if enjoyed within the first 24 hours of making!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup cashew sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded ice berg lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
- Dice the yellow onion
- Add avocado oil to a frying pan and cook the onions in the oil over medium heat until soft and fragrant – about 4 minutes
- Add the salt, chili powder, and garlic powder to the pan with the onions and cook for another minute
- Add the ground beef to the pan with the onions and cook over medium for about 7 minutes, breaking the beef into crumbles
- Drain the excess oil fromthe beef and onion combo and allow beef to cool
- Take your dip container – I used a 5″x7″ glass storage container – and make a layer at the bottom of beef and onions
- Then continue layering on the other ingredients starting with the cashew cream, then gaucamole, then salsa, then shredded lettuce, then black olives, and finally, pickled jalapenos
- Enjoy with your chip or veggie of choice!