This Whole30 Waldorf Chicken Salad is a classic chicken salad recipe that is made with simple and healthy Whole30 approved ingredients. Prep this healthy chicken salad in less than 30 minutes and enjoy for lunch all week long!
Make this Whole30 Waldorf Chicken Salad for a healthy lunch!
Chicken salad has become my go-to lunch. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and then you can enjoy it all week long. I like to have mine in romaine lettuce boats or on a salad.
This recipe is a classic Waldorf chicken salad that is made with Whole30 approved ingredients. I love the crunch of the fresh cucumber and the sweetness of the fresh fruit. This is a balanced and delicious chicken salad that is perfect for a healthy and simple lunch.
What kitchen tools will I need to prep this Whole30 chicken salad?
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy lunch recipe?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this chicken salad with a few simple ingredients!
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Green apple
- Red grapes
- Whole30 approved mayo like Primal Kitchen mayo or my homemade recipe
- Lemon juice
Let’s make Whole30 Waldorf Chicken Salad!
Step 1: Poach the chicken
First, place chicken breasts in a saucepan and cover with water. Then, bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover the pot.
Simmer the chicken for 14 minutes. Then, remove the pot from the heat and remove the chicken from the water to cool. Once cooled, cube the chicken breast.
Step 2: Prep the other ingredients
Step 3: Mix it all together
Finally, add the cubed chicken to the mixing bowl with the mayo mixture and other ingredients. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined and each piece is coated in the mayo mixture. Place in the refrigerator and serve chilled!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this chicken salad keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Place chicken breasts in a sauce pan and cover with cold water
- Place chicken on the stove and bring water to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot
- Simmer for 14 minutes and then remove chicken from the pot to cool
- While the chicken cooks chop the celery, apples, pecans and grapes
- In a large mixing bowl combine mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Once the chicken has cooled, cube the chicken and add to the mixing bowl
- Add the celery, pecans, apples, and grapes to the mixing bowl
- Stir to combine the ingredients until they are fully combined and coated in the mayo mixture