Skip the restaurant and make a delicious and healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe with Greek yogurt ranch dressing at home! This spicy and savory salad is perfect for lunch or a meal prep.
Make the most delicious buffalo chicken salad with Greek yogurt ranch dressing at home!
Give me buffalo chicken anything and I’m a happy gal. Put ranch dressing on top of it? I am doubly thrilled!
This buffalo chicken salad is made by sautéing thin strips of chicken breast in a simple buffalo sauce. The buffalo chicken is then paired with chopped romaine lettuce, cubed veggies and a healthy Greek yogurt ranch dressing!
Get all of the flavor of your favorite buffalo wings in a healthy salad! Prep this buffalo chicken salad recipe in less than 30 minutes. You can meal prep this for the week or serve immediately.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this delicious buffalo chicken salad recipe?
- Skillet for cooking the chicken
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
Buffalo Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Hot sauce
- Romaine lettuce
- Green onion
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing Ingredients
I was blown away by this yogurt ranch dressing. It is SO delicious and made with just 3 ingredients and dry seasonings.
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried dill
- Dried parsley
Can I make this recipe dairy free
Yes! To make the buffalo chicken dairy free you can use a plant based butter in the buffalo sauce. To make a dairy free ranch dressing you can use this homemade ranch dressing recipe.
Make this recipe even easier by using a rotisserie chicken in place of the regular chicken. Shred or chop the chicken breasts from the rotisserie chicken and toss them in the buffalo sauce on the stove and then serve.
You can replace the greek yogurt ranch dressing with a store bought ranch dressing or a blue cheese dressing. If you decide to use a blue cheese dressing, you can also add some blue cheese crumbles onto the salad.
How to make a Buffalo Chicken Salad with a Greek yogurt ranch dressing
Step 1: Season and saute buffalo chicken
To begin, slice chicken breast into thin small strips. Then, toss chicken in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Heat oil over medium heat.
When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan. Saute chicken for 7 minutes tossing frequently.
Step 2: Chop veggies and prepare ranch dressing
While the chicken cools, prepare the Greek yogurt ranch dressing by mixing the yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill and dried parsley in a small bowl until a smooth, even mixture remains.
Then, chop romaine into thin shreds and cube celery, cucumber, and avocado.
Step 3: Assemble salads
To prepare the salads, plate the romaine with the buffalo chicken, cucumber, celery, and avocado. Top with chopped scallions and the ranch dressing.
prep this ahead of time
You can make this buffalo chicken salad and the Greek yogurt ranch dressing ahead of time. Then, you can assemble the other parts of the salad quickly and serve!
The cooked buffalo chicken will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days. The ranch dressing will be good for up to one week. I like to serve leftover ranch as a dip with fresh veggies.
Check out these other delicious buffalo sauce recipes!
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Buffalo Ranch Potato Salad
- Pantry Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 heart romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried parsely
- Slice chicken breast into thin small strips. Toss chicken in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Heat oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan.
- Saute chicken for 7 minutes tossing frequently. While the chicken cooks, melt butter and hot sauce together. Add butter and hot sauce mixture to the pan after 7 minutes and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat.
- While the chicken cools, prepare the Greek yogurt ranch dressing by mixing the yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill and dried parsley in a small bowl until a smooth, even mixture remains.
- Chop romaine into thin shreds and cube celery, cucumber, and avocado. Plate the romaine with the buffalo chicken, cucumber, celery, and avocado. Top with chopped scallions and the ranch dressing.