This Mediterranean Shrimp Salad is a fresh twist on the traditional shrimp salad. It is a simple and delicious Whole30 lunch option made with lots of veggies and a Greek vinaigrette instead of mayo.
Upgrade your work lunch with this flavorful Whole30 shrimp salad!
I always ask my Instagram friends for recipe suggestions and they almost ALWAYS ask for “Cold lunches that I don’t need to reheat at work!” And I feel you guys on that one.
No one wants to stand in that long microwave line especially if you’re reheating seafood! This cold shrimp salad is the perfect addition to your work lunch box. It is made with healthy, whole ingredients that make it naturally Whole30 and paleo-friendly.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Mediterranean Shrimp Salad?
- Large stock pot for poaching shrimp – I used my non stick dutch oven
- Measuring cups, measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowls
- Sharp knife
What ingredients will I need to make this simple lunch recipe?
- Large shrimp – peeled, deveined, tail on, fresh OR frozen
- Bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh parsley
- Dried oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
Let’s make Mediterranean Shrimp Salad!
Step 1: Poach the Shrimp
First, defrost your shrimp if necessary. Then, poach shrimp by boiling cold water with 2 tbsp of salt. Next, remove the cold water from the heat.
Add the shrimp to the pot. Let the shrimp poached uncovered for 3 minutes. Then, immediately move the shrimp to an ice bath to chill.
Step 2: Prep the Veggies and Dressing
Step 3: Mix it all up!
Next, pull the tails off the peeled shrimp and chop into bite size pieces. Finally, add the shrimp, veggies, and dressing to a large bowl and combine thoroughly.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Enjoy your Mediterranean Shrimp Salad on a bed of lettuce, with some roasted potatoes, rice, quinoa, couscous, or cauliflower rice!
How long will this shrimp salad keep in the fridge?
Once cooked, this shrimp salad will only last for about 3 days in the fridge. It is best enjoyed immediately.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A simple and delicious Whole30 shrimp salad made with lots of veggies and a Greek vinaigrette instead of mayo.
- Defrost shrimp if frozen
- Add 2 tbsp of salt to a large pot and fill the pot 3/4 of the way with cold water
- Bring the water to a boil and then remove from the heat
- Add shrimp to the pot and let poach uncovered for 3 minutes
- Immediately transfer cooked shrimp to an icebath
- While the shrimp chill, chop the bell pepper and cucumber into 1/4″ pieces, quarter the tomatoes and half the olives
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, oregano and fresh parsley in a small bowl
- Pull the tails off the chilled shrimp and chop into bite sized pieces
- In a large mixing bowl combine the shrimp and vegetables
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until all pieces are coated in the dressing
Keywords: shrimp salad, whole30, whole30 lunch