This Mediterranean Shrimp Salad is a fresh twist on the traditional shrimp salad. It is a simple and delicious lunch option made with lots of veggies and a Greek vinaigrette.
Upgrade your work lunch with this flavorful shrimp salad!
I always ask my Instagram friends for recipe suggestions and they almost ALWAYS ask for “Cold lunches that I don’t need to reheat at work!” And I feel you guys on that one.
No one wants to stand in that long microwave line especially if you’re reheating seafood! This cold shrimp salad is the perfect addition to your work lunch box.
It is made with healthy, whole ingredients that make it naturally Whole30 and paleo-friendly. It is perfect for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on your oven.
- Large stock pot for poaching shrimp – I used my non stick dutch oven
- Measuring cups, measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowls
- Sharp knife
How to serve
This mediterranean shrimp is delicious when served on its own chilled as a simple lunch. I also like to serve it over rice, orzo or a bed of lettuce.
You could also serve it as a sandwich in a pita pocket. If you want to chop all of the ingredients even smaller, you can make it into a dip and use pita chips to dip into the shrimp salad dip.
What ingredients will I need to make this simple lunch recipe?
- Large shrimp – peeled, deveined, tail on, fresh OR frozen shrimp
- Bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh parsley
- Dried oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
Feel free to use any kind of bell pepper for this recipe. I prefer the sharpness of a green bell pepper, but a red bell pepper will add some extra sweetness.
If you think that the flavor of a kalamata olive is too strong or intense, feel free to use a green olive instead. If you want to add some more tang and flavor, mix some crumbled feta cheese into this shrimp salad recipe.
You can also add minced red onion for more flavor and some red pepper flakes for spice.
Let’s make Mediterranean Shrimp Salad!
Step 1: Poach the Shrimp
First, defrost your shrimp if necessary. Then, poach shrimp by boiling cold water with 2 tbsp of salt. Next, remove the cold water from the heat.
Add the shrimp to the pot. Let the shrimp poached uncovered for 3 minutes. Then, immediately move the shrimp to an ice bath to chill.
Step 2: Prep the Veggies and Dressing
Step 3: Mix it all up!
Next, pull the tails off the peeled shrimp and chop into bite size pieces. Finally, add the shrimp, veggies, and dressing to a large bowl and combine thoroughly.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy!
Enjoy your Mediterranean Shrimp Salad on a bed of lettuce, with some roasted potatoes, rice, quinoa, couscous, or cauliflower rice!
This shrimp salad is best enjoyed immediately, but it can be enjoyed for up to 3 more days. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Check out these Other cold lunch options
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 24 large shrimp – peeled, deveined and tail on
- 2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup halved kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp fresh parlsey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Defrost shrimp if frozen
- Add 2 tbsp of salt to a large pot and fill the pot 3/4 of the way with cold water
- Bring the water to a boil and then remove from the heat
- Add shrimp to the pot and let poach uncovered for 3 minutes
- Immediately transfer cooked shrimp to an icebath
- While the shrimp chill, chop the bell pepper and cucumber into 1/4″ pieces, quarter the tomatoes and half the olives
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, oregano and fresh parsley in a small bowl
- Pull the tails off the chilled shrimp and chop into bite sized pieces
- In a large mixing bowl combine the shrimp and vegetables
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until all pieces are coated in the dressing