This Poppy Seed Chicken Salad is a delicious savory sweet chicken salad made with Greek yogurt. This healthy chicken salad is perfect for meal prep.
The best combination of poppy seed dressing and chicken salad
My all time favorite meal prep dish is chicken salad. And one of my favorite things to do is come up with new chicken salad flavor combinations.
I wanted to make a poppy seed salad dressing, BUT then I had a bunch of leftover chicken breast to use up. SO I put the two together with a bunch of mix ins and the combination was perfect.
This poppy seed chicken salad is made with shredded chicken, celery, dried cranberries, red onion and almonds. Then, it is all tossed in a delicious greek yogurt poppy seed sauce.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this creamy chicken salad?
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy chicken salad?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this savory sweet chicken salad with just a few simple ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Poppy seeds
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Sliced almonds
- Dried cranberries
Let’s make a Poppy Seed Chicken Salad!
Step 1: Poach the chicken
Firstly, add chicken breasts to a saucepot and fill the pot with cold water. Then, bring the water to a boil.
Next, cover the pot and reduce to a simmer. Then, simmer and poach the chicken for 14 minutes.
Then, remove the chicken from the pot and allow it to cool slightly.
Step 2: Prep poppy seed dressing
Step 3: Mix it all up!
Next, add the shredded chicken, diced red onion, chopped celery, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries.
Then, toss all of the ingredients in the greek yogurt poppyseed dressing. Mix until thoroughly combined and enjoy!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this chicken salad keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Add chicken breasts to a sauce pot and fill the pot with cold water
- Bring the water to a boil
- Cover the pot and reduce to a simmer
- Simmer and poach the chicken for 14 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the pot and allow it to cool slightly
- While the chicken cools combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and poppy seeds in asmall bowl
- Shred the chicken with two forks
- Add the shredded chicken, diced red onion, chopped celery, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries
- Toss all of the ingredients in the greek yogurt poppyseed dressing
- Mix until thoroughly combined