Easy Teriyaki Pork and Boy Choy is a delicious and healthy stir fry recipe. Cook thin sliced pork and chopped bok choy in a sticky sweet teriyaki sauce. Serve with rice and sesame seeds to garnish!
This teriyaki pork recipe is healthy comfort food that you can make at home!
When I want some quick comfort food my mind goes to any kind of copycat takeout item. This easy teriyaki pork and bok choy recipe comes together quickly and is just as satisfying as a takeout meal. Plus, with this one you know exactly what ingredients are going into it.
My family didn’t eat at restaurants a lot growing up, probably because my parents are both great cooks, but when we did get take out it was usually Chinese or Japanese. If I didn’t want sushi, I knew of one other thing on the Japanese menu that I would like: teriyaki chicken.
I wanted this easy teriyaki pork and bok choy to have that classic teriyaki flavor that I remember, but with simpler and healthier ingredients. It will take just a few simple ingredients, a wok and less than 30 minute to put this meal together.
How should I serve this Easy Teriyaki Pork and Bok Choy?
I chose bok choy as a green veggie to add to this easy teriyaki pork and bok choy dish because I love the sharp flavor in contrast to the sweet teriyaki sauce. You can get baby bok choy at many grocery stores.
If you cannot find it you can substitute another green veggie in like steamed snap peas or steamed broccoli. You can also use chicken or tofu in place of the pork.
I served this dish with some plain white rice because we’ve been on a big white rice kick in our house lately. If you prefer brown rice or quinoa, that would be great with this recipe as well.
If you want to have a lower carb meal then this dish would be perfect with cauliflower rice.
This easy teriyaki pork and boy choy recipe serves 2 people. If you are cooking this for a large group or want to make enough for meal prep. you can simply just double the recipe.
Doubling this recipe is not a bad choice because it is very tasty and you will want leftovers!
What ingredients do I need to make this simple and healthy teriyaki pork stir fry?
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy teriyaki pork and bok choy. I used some boneless pork chops from my monthly butcher box. If you’re interested in trying Butcher Box for yourself you can follow this link and you will get a free gift in your box.
The other fresh ingredients you will need are bok choy, ginger and garlic. For this recipe you will want your garlic and ginger minced very finely. It is best to grate them on a tool like a Microplane.
The pantry ingredients you will need for this easy teriyaki pork and bok choy are soy sauce (or tamari or coocnut aminos), tapioca starch or corn starch, honey, salt and avocado oil. The only kitchen equipment you will need for this meal is a cutting board, some good knives, mixing bowls and a wok.
Let’s make some Easy Teriyaki Pork and Bok Choy!
To make this easy teriyaki pork and bok choy start by trimming the fat off of your pork chop and slice into thin strips. Take corn starch or tapioca starch and toss the pork in it in a large mixing bowl.
Make the teriyaki sauce by combining garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce and water in a small mixing bowl. Heat avocado oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot add the pork to the pan.
Toss the pork frequently and cook until just starting to brown on all sides about 5 minutes. Add teriyaki sauce to the pan and allow it to bubble and thicken for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Add chopped boy choy to the wok and toss until fully covered in the sauce.
Cook the entire dish for another 2 minutes. Remove the easy pork teriyaki and bok choy from the stove and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice and enjoy! Keep reading to find the whole recipe. As always, if you make this recipe, please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
How long can I store this teriyaki stir fry in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow the pork and bok choy to cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Check out these other simple stir fry recipes
YOU CAN FIND THE FULL RECIPE BELOW. IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW IT IN THE COMMENTS, OR SHARE IT WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM!
- 1 lb boneless pork chops or loin
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch or corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Trim excess fat from pork and slice into thin strips
- Place pork in a mixing bowl with the tapioca or corn starch and toss until all of the pieces of pork are evenly coated
- Chop baby bok choy into bite-size pieces
- Prepare the sauce by grating fresh garlic and ginger
- Mix garlic and ginger with honey, soy sauce, and water
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat
- When the oil is hot add the pork to the pan and season with salt
- Allow the pork to cook, tossing frequently for about 5 minutes until just browned on all sides
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the sauce to the pan and allow to bubble and thicken for 2 minutes, tossing occasionally
- Add chopped boy choy to the pan and toss to coat in the sauce
- Allow the whole dish to cook for an additional 2 minutes or just until the bok choy has softened
- Remove the pan from heat and serve with rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds