This Pantry Chicken Fried Rice is a healthy and budget-friendly meal that you can make using just pantry staples. This recipe is perfect for the times when your fridge is empty, but you still need some comfort food!
Finally a recipe for that can of corn that’s been hanging out in your pantry!
Seriously though, how many of us keep a few random ingredients in our pantry at all times just in case we might need them someday? Well, this is the time to gather up some of those pantry staples and make this healthy and delicious chicken fried rice.
This recipe is perfect for those times when you return from vacation or a busy weekend and realize your fridge is bare. This is also a perfect recipe for when you’re on a budget. One serving can cost as little as $1.50 per serving depending on where you get your ingredients.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Pantry Chicken Fried Rice?
What ingredients will I need to make this pantry fried rice?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this healthy fried rice with pantry staples that you might already have on hand!
- Brown rice
- Canned peas
- Canned green beans
- Canned corn
- Canned chunk chicken breast
- Avocado oil
- Sesame oil
- Garlic cloves or garlic powder
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Eggs (optional)
Let’s make some Pantry Chicken Fried Rice!
Step 1: Saute the chicken and veggies
Next, add drained canned veggies and chicken to the wok and increase the heat to medium. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes and add salt to the veggies and chicken.
Step 2: Scramble the eggs
Then, push the cooked veggies to the side of the wok. Next, scramble eggs and add eggs to the empty space in the wok. Once cooked, mix the eggs in with the chicken and veggies.
Step 3: Add some rice and a sauce
Then, add cooked rice into the wok. Increase the heat to medium-high and pour the sauce over the mixture. Continue cooking for a few minutes until sauce is fully mixed in. Remove from heat and enjoy with sriracha!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this dish keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this chicken fried rice in the fridge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat the rice on the stovetop or in the microwave.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can of peas (15oz)
- 1 can of cut green beans (15oz)
- 1 can of corn (15oz)
- 1 can premium chunk chicken breast in water (12.5oz)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Heat avocado oil over medium-low heat and add minced garlic to the wok (if using fresh garlic) and saute for 3 minutes
- Drain canned vegetables and canned chicken and add to the wok
- Increase the heat to medium and saute the chicken and veggies, tossing frequently for 5 minutes
- Add salt to the veggies and chicken. If using garlic powder instead of fresh add that now too.
- Push chicken and veggies to one side of the wok, scramble eggs and pour into the empty side of the wok
- Once cooked, mix the scrambled eggs in the with the chicken and veggies
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the cooked rice to the pan and saute for 3 minutes
- Combine the soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl
- Pour sauce over fried rice and mix in
- Continue sauteing for another 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and top with sriracha and enjoy!