This Easy Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry recipe is the easiest way to make a healthy take-out style stir-fry at home. Just grab any veggies, chicken and some basic sauce ingredients and you’ll have dinner ready in 30 minutes.
The taste of take-out at home
You can easily make a take-out style stir-fry in your own home. It’s easier than you might think to make a dish that rivals your favorite takeout spot. Just grab a few basic ingredients and a wok and you’re ready to make a healthy chicken stir fry.
I used chicken breast and a blend of frozen stir fry veggies to make this dish, but if you follow the steps you can use pretty much any veggies you like. You can also use fresh or frozen veggies.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Easy Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry?
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowls
- Large frying pan or wok
- Wooden mixing spoon
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy chicken stir-fry?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this take-out style chicken stir fry with just a few basic ingredients. You can use any veggies that you have on hand. I used a frozen stir-fry blend.
- Chicken breast
- Fresh or frozen vegetables
- Arrowroot starch – you can use corn starch but reduce the amount to 1 tbsp
- Avocado oil
- Coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Fish sauce – you can omit this, but add 1 tsp of salt to the sauce
- Sesame oil
Let’s make an Easy Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry!
Step 1: Steam veggies and prep chicken
First, steam your veggies in a large frying pan or wok until just soft, about 3-5 minutes. You will use this same pan for the rest of the dish so remove the steamed veggies and drain the pan. Then, cut the chicken into strips and toss in the arrowroot starch.
Step 2: Cook chicken and prep sauce
Next, heat avocado oil in frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil and cook for 5 minutes, tossing frequently. Then, prepare a sauce by combining coconut aminos or soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small mixing bowl.
Step 3: Mix it all together
Increase the heat to medium-high and add veggies and sauce to the pan with the chicken. Allow the sauce to bubble and thicken. Then, toss the veggies and chicken in the sauce until fully coated. Finally, remove the pan from the heat and garnish with sesame seeds.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this healthy stir-fry keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this veggie and chicken stir-fry in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
The easiest way to make a healthy chicken stir-fry at home.
- Steam the chopped veggies in a large frying pan or wok unti just softening about 3-5 mintues
- Remove the veggies from the pan and drain the water
- Cut chicken breast into bite size strips and toss in arrowroot starch until each piece is evenly coated
- Heat oil in the frying pan or wok over medium heat
- Add chicken to warm oil and cook for 5 minutes, tossing frequently
- While chicken cooks prepare a sauce by mixing coconut aminos or soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small bowl
- Increase heat to medium-high and add veggies and sauce to the pan with the chicken
- Allow the sauce to bubble and thicken and then toss the chicken and veggies in the sauce to coat, cook for about 3 mintues
- Remove from the heat and garnish with sesame seeds