This Paleo Breakfast Meal Prep recipe is the easiest way to prep 5 paleo breakfasts in just one hour. Make this paleo breakfast on Sunday and enjoy it all week long!
Ease into the week with this make-ahead paleo breakfast
If you’ve followed me for some time you know my passion for meal prep runs deep. I don’t think you need to prep every single meal for every single day, but at the minimum you can prep your breakfast for the week ahead. This paleo breakfast meal prep is a great place to start.
To be fully transparent, there is an even easier place to start your meal prep journey. You can start by just preparing hard boiled eggs for yourself for the week. Hard boiled eggs are a very versatile meal prep option because they can be breakfast, a snack or quickly turned into egg salad for a quick lunch.
If you want to expand upon your hard boiled egg breakfast, I recommend this paleo breakfast meal prep. You start with a few very simple ingredients and end up with 5 days worth of breakfast all prepped and ready to go.
A healthy breakfast with the perfect mix of carbs, fats, and protein
I go back and forth about whether I want a fat fueled breakfast or if I want some good carbs in their with it. This paleo breakfast meal prep is a nice balance of both. You get the filling and satisfying fats from bacon and eggs with the
For this breakfast meal prep I’ve got the trifecta of fats, proteins, and good carbs when I combine the eggs, bacon and sweet potatoes. This year I have fallen in love with jammy eggs and I cannot go back to a standard hard boiled. Follow the steps in this article to get a perfect jammy egg every time.
After everything was cooked I packed them into these small meal prep containers that I got and that are perfect for breakfast or snacks. In just an hour you have a simple, healthy and satisfying breakfast packed for the whole week.
The only thing that I would add to this prep would be a simple sauce to dip my eggs and potatoes in. I am deeply in love with this sriracha. My homemade Whole30 buffalo ranch would be another fantastic option.
How do I make this Paleo Breakfast Meal Prep?
It is so easy to make this paleo breakfast meal prep. Start by frying your bacon in a large frying pan. I find that my bacon gets cooked most evenly if I cook it slow and low.
While the bacon is cooking dice your red onion, cube your sweet potato, and start cooking your eggs. Fill a sauce pot with water and bring that water to a boil. Once the water is boiling slowly low your eggs into the pot, cover the pot and cook the eggs for 7 minutes. Transfer eggs to an ice bath immediately after cooking.
If your eggs tend to crack when you lower them down into the pot, try taking them out of the fridge 10-15 minutes prior to cooking. The water is so hot and the eggs are so cold from the fridge so the difference in temperature causes the cracks. Warming the eggs slightly before cooking solves this problem.
Once the bacon is fully cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside. Leave the oil in the pan and add your red onions to it. Cook the onions until soft and fragrant, remove from the pan and add the sweet potatoes to the pan.
Add some oil to the pan to cook the sweet potatoes. Season the sweet potato cubes with salt and cook over medium for about 20 minutes. Once cooked, add chopped bacon and cooked red onions back for the pan.
Toss the mixture to combine all of the flavors. Allow the onion, bacon, and sweet potato hash to cool and then package up into 5 containers with 2 eggs in each container.
Keep reading to find the full recipe! If you make this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments or on Instagram!Print
A quick and easy paleo breakfast meal prep.
- Dice the red onion and cube the sweet potato into small cubes
- Fry bacon in a frying pan over medium low heat until fully cooked and crispy
- While the bacon fries, fill a pot with cold water and bring the water to a boil
- Once the water is boiling slowly lower the eggs into the boiling water
- Cover the pot and cook the eggs for exactly 7 minutes and then immediately transfer the eggs to an ice bath
- Remove the cooked bacon from the pan, but leave the grease behind
- Saute the onions in the bacon grease over medium-low heat until soft and fragrant
- Remove the red onions from the pan and add the avocado oil to the pan
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the cubed sweet potato to the pan
- Toss the potatoes in the oil and season with salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes over medium heat tossing frequently until soft and cooked through – about 20 minutes
- Turn off the heat and add the onions and crumbled bacon into the pan with the sweet potatoes
- Peel the eggs and prepare 5 breakfasts by separating the sweet potato hash into 5 containers and placing 2 eggs in each container
- Store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days
Keywords: paleo breakfast meal prep, paleo breakfast, make ahead paleo breakfast