This Peanut Broccoli Pasta Salad is the perfect summer side dish! Forget those boring pasta salads and make a batch of this healthy pasta salad that is tossed in a simple peanut dressing.
The perfect mix of pasta salad and broccoli salad tossed in a delicious peanut dressing
Pasta salad and broccoli salads are two of my favorite side dishes to bring to a summer BBQ SO I combined them into one perfect dish!
Just prepare some macaroni noodles. Then, toss with lots of fresh chopped veggies and an addicting, savory peanut dressing for the perfect side dish!
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Mixing bowls
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
broccoli pasta salad ingredients
- Macaroni pasta
- Red bell pepper
- Shredded carrots
- Toasted peanuts
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro
Peanut salad dressing ingredients
How to make peanut broccoli pasta salad
Step 1: Boil pasta and prep veggies
To begin, boil pasta in salted water. While the pasta cooks, cut broccoli and bell pepper into small bite sized pieces.
Step 2: make peanut salad dressing
Step 3: mix it all up and serve!
Next, drain and rinse cooked pasta in cold water and place in a mixing bowl. Add the broccoli, bell pepper, carrots and roasted peanuts to the bowl along with the peanut dressing.
Toss to combine all of the ingredients. Top with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro and serve!
Can i make this broccoli pasta salad ahead of time
To make this dish ahead of time, I recommend making the pasta salad with veggies and the peanut salad dressing separately. Then, toss the two together for a perfect mixture!
Check out these other summer side dishes!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 8oz dry macaroni pasta
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup toasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Boil pasta in salted water. While the pasta cooks, cut broccoli and bell pepper into small bite sized pieces.
- Prepare peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, sriracha, and warm water in a small mixing bowl.
- Drain and rinse cooked pasta in cold water and place in a mixing bowl. Add the broccoli, bell pepper, carrots and roasted peanuts to the bowl along with the peanut dressing.
- Toss to combine all of the ingredients. Top with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro and serve!