Sweet and Sour Pork is a flavorful one-pan meal made with a sticky sweet and sour sauce and snow peas. Make these sweet and sour pork chops in less than 30 minutes!
Sweet and sour pork chops paired with snow peas for a balanced one pan meal
Slice down some pork chops. Then, pan fry them in a delicious and sticky sweet and sour sauce. Add some snap peas to the pan and you have a perfect, healthy one pan meal!
It can be hard to find food that is truly satisfying while you are on the Whole30, but copycat takeout recipes always work for me. I whip up something like this Sweet and Sour Pork and pair it will cauliflower rice.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this pork with snow peas one pan meal?
What ingredients will I need to make these sweet and sour pork chops?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this Whole30 recipe.
- Pork loin chops
- Arrowroot starch
- Garlic powder
- Pineapple juice
- Coconut Aminos
- Sesame oil
- Chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- Sriracha – Yellowbird sriracha for Whole30
- Ketchup – Primal Kitchen ketchup for Whole30
- Snow peas
- Avocado oil
How to make Sweet and Sour Pork
Step 1: Slice, Toss, and Mix
Step 2: Sauté
Then, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook the pork strips in batches until browned on all sides and remove from the pan.
Then, keep the heat on medium and add more oil to the pan. Next, saute the snow peas until soft about 6 minutes.
Step 3: Mix It All Together
Then, add the pork and sauce back into the pan with the snap peas. Finally, increase the heat to medium-high. Allow the sauce to thicken slightly and fully coat the pork and snap peas.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this Whole30 recipe keep in the fridge?
Once cooked, this Sweet and Sour Pork dish should be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Check out these other delicious pork chop recipes!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chop
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- 1 tsp sriracha like Yellowbird sriracha
- 2 tbsp ketchup like Primal Kitchen ketchup
- 9oz snow peas
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Slice pork loin chops into thin strips
- In a small bowl combine arrowroot starch, salt, and garlic powder
- Toss pork strips in the arrowroot starch and seasoning mixture
- Whisk together pineapple juice, coconut aminos, sesame oil, chickne broth, sriracha and ketchup to make a sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp avocado oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat
- Add the pork to the pan in small batches – you will cook the pork in batches so as to not crowd the pan and get an even crisp on each piece
- Cook each batch of pork for about 4 minutes – removing the pork from the pan each time you cook a new batch
- Remove all of the pork from the pan and add in another 1 tbsp of oil
- Add the snow peas to the warm oil and saute for 6 minutes or until soft
- Add the pork back to the pan along with the sauce and increase the heat to medium-high
- Toss the pork and snow peas in the sauce until it thickens slightly and the pork and veggies are fully coated in the sauce
- Garnish the dish with some toasted sesame seed and enjoy!