Make the BEST Roasted Brussels Sprouts in your oven with this simple recipe. These crispy brussels sprouts will be your new go-to side dish.
The key to making brussels sprouts delicious is to make them crispy
Nothing makes me happier than seeing Brussels sprouts have their day in the sun. These tiny little cabbages used to be hated by almost everyone, but then restaurants started to deep fry them or put them with fun sauces and suddenly they are trendy.
You can easily make perfect roasted Brussels sprouts in your home kitchen that will make everyone enjoy this once despised veggie. The key is making sure you get the brussels sprouts nice and crispy.
There are a few simple tricks you can use to get perfectly crispy roasted brussels sprouts every single time. A huge hack is just to roast them at the right temperature. I have found that 425F is the perfect temperature.
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Baking sheet or sheet pan
I also like to make a double batch for meal prep early in the week. Then I can use them for breakfast plates, salads and dinner spreads.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy them is on a big fall chopped salad tossed in this creamy balsamic vinaigrette.
- Whole raw brussels sprouts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
The beauty of this extremely simple recipe is that you can alter it slightly to change the flavor each time. I season my brussels sprouts simply with salt and pepper, but you can add garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, or smoked paprika to up the flavor.
I have even made ranch roasted brussels sprouts. Just replace the salt and pepper with 2 tsp of a ranch seasoning blend. These are amazing as an appetizer or served in a salad with air fryer buffalo cauliflower.
Once the brussels sprouts are roasted, you can add different toppings to up the flavor. I love to serve them with a some crumbled goat cheese and a generous drizzle of balsamic reduction. You can also make them a little fancy and serve them with a splash of truffle oil and freshly shaved parmesan cheese.
Roasting brussels sprouts from frozen
Did you know you can make crispy brussels sprouts in the oven with frozen brussels sprouts? The key is to roast them directly from frozen.
Toss frozen brussels sprouts in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place them directly on the baking sheet without parchment paper.
Roast at 425F until crispy. Timing will depend on how large the frozen brussels sprouts are, but they can take anywhere from 25 to 35 minutes to cook.
How to make roasted brussels sprouts
Step 1: Trim and slice Brussels Sprouts
To begin, preheat oven to 425F. Get out a baking sheet, but do not line it with parchment paper.
Trim the ends off of the brussels sprouts. Then, slice each one in half lengthwise.
Step 2: Season brussels sprouts
Then, place brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until each brussel sprout is evenly seasoned.
Step 3: roast Brussels Sprout
Next, arrange brussels sprouts on an unlined metal baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
Bake at 425F for 20 minutes – do not flip them while cooking. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Storage and reheating
Allow the brussels sprouts to cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat in the air fryer or toaster oven to crisp up the outside before serving them again.
Check out these other side dish recipes
- Broccoli Cauliflower and Bacon Salad
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Seasoned Sweet Potato Wedges
You Can Find The Full Recipe Below. If You Make This Recipe, Please Rate And Review It In The Comments, Or Share It With Me On Instagram!
- 12oz brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Trim the ends off brussels sprouts and then slice each one in half lengthwise
- Place brussels sprouts in a mixing bowl. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until each brussel sprout is evenly seasoned.
- Arrange brussels sprouts on an unlined metal baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes – do not flip them while cooking. Remove from oven and enjoy!
- You can use frozen brussels sprouts. Do not thaw or cut before cooking. Follow instructions with frozen, whole brussels sprouts. Roast at 425F for 25-35 minutes depending on the size of the brussels sprout.
- Add any extra seasonings you want like garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder or smoked paprika