Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette is an easy and simple balsamic dressing you can use for salads or as a marinade. I like this balsamic vinaigrette recipe SO much more than the store bought stuff and it’s healthier too!
I’m team homemade balsamic dressing
Growing up my mom never brought a bottled dressing into our home. I thought she was just trying to save money until I grew up and realized the taste of of homemade dressings like homemade balsamic vinaigrette is just far superior.
Homemade salad dressings like this balsamic vinegar salad dressing are usually made with better ingredients than the store bought ones. Luckily in 2020 we have some better options like Primal Kitchen dressings, but it still saves a few bucks to make your salad dressings at home.
This healthy balsamic dressing is so versatile. You can use it on salads or as a dip for veggies. You could also thin this dressing with a bit of broth and make a super flavorful grilled balsamic chicken marinade.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this creamy salad balsamic vinaigrette?
How should I use this balsamic vinaigrette dressing?
This simple dressing can help you make some of your favorite recipes even better! I like to use it as a chicken marinade for balsamic grilled chicken.
You could also make a simple caprese pasta salad by tossing cooking pasta, mozzarella balls, and cherry tomatoes in this easy balsamic vinaigrette.
What is balsamic dressing made of?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this balsamic vinegar salad dressing with just a few basic ingredients.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Extra virgin olive oil – it is important to use good quality olive oil to ensure the best flavor of the creamy balsamic vinaigrette
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
I like to keep the seasonings simple so I just use salt, pepper and garlic powder. If you want to add even more flavor you can replace those with some Italian seasoning or even add in some dried herbs.
If you prefer to use fresh garlic, I recommend using just one clove so that you don’t overpower the flavor of the dressing. Mince the fresh garlic prior to placing it in the blender.
How do you make balsamic vinaigrette?
Step 1: Add all ingredients except oil to a blender
Step 2: Blend in the oil
Next, stream the oil into the blender while the blender is running on medium-low. Continue blending until the oil is fully incorporated. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
My favorite salad combos to eat with this homemade balsamic vinaigrette recipe
Try this homemade vinaigrette with one of these easy recipes for a quick lunch or side dish!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – Start with baby spinach and top with fresh sliced strawberries, grilled chicken, crumbled feta and toasted almonds
- Chopped Romaine Salad – Start with a base of finely chopped romaine lettuce and top with red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, grilled steak and blue cheese
- Classic Caprese Salad – Slice large heirloom tomatoes into rounds and layer with thick slices of mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves.
Simple balsamic marinade recipe
You can use this basic vinaigrette as a base for a versatile marinade. Take 1 cup of this creamy balsamic dressing and whisk it together with 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth.
Then, smash 5 cloves of garlic and mix the garlic cloves into the liquid. Chop up 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves and mix into the bowl. Pour this marinade over your protein of choice and marinate for at least 4 hours.
Can I use an immersion blender to make this creamy balsamic dressing?
Yes! If you want to use an immersion blender to make this balsamic vinaigrette, just add all ingredients to the blender cup and blend.
Pull the blender up slowly as you blend until all of the oil is incorporated. You can also use a food processor and follow the same steps as you would for the blender.
Check out these other healthy homemade salad dressing recipes!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Add honey, vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a blender
- Blend on high until a smooth even mixture remains
- With the blender running on medium-low, pour in the EVOO in an even steady stream
- Increase the speed of the blender as you add the oil
- Blend until the oil is fully incorporated
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container