These Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus are the perfect party appetizer or snack. Just wrap asparagus in a piece of prosciutto and bake!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Perfect party appetizer – This asparagus wrapped in prosciutto is flavorful, simple, crispy on the outside and simply addictive! It is salty and savory and even better when topped with a little fresh parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- Easy to make – There are really only 4 simple ingredients that you need to make this appetizer. It is so simple that even kids can help prepare it. Just trim the asparagus, wrap it in prosciutto and bake!
- Add cheese to make it even better – spread a little bit of softened cream cheese over each piece of prosciutto. Then, wrap it around the asparagus. The cheese adds even more flavor to this simple recipe.
- Fresh asparagus – one bunch of asparagus is perfect for this recipe. Snap the woody ends of the asparagus off before wrapping them.
- Extra virgin olive oil – any cooking oil will work for this simple side dish. Just drizzle a bit of oil on the asparagus before it is wrapped.
- Black pepper – optional but I like the flavor addition of a sprinkle of black pepper
- Prosciutto slices – you will want thin slices of prosciutto to wrap around the asparagus spears. I cut each slice of prosciutto di parma in half and use half a slice to wrap each veggie.
- Parmesan cheese – grate fresh parm over the roasted asparagus.
- Lemon – a bit of lemon juice and lemon zest cuts through the salty taste of the wrapped asparagus spears and adds some acidity.
I don’t add any salt to this recipe because Ifind that the little crispy bundles of prosciutto are salty enough, but if you want to add a little salt before baking you can do that.
You can use ham or bacon in place of a strip of prosciutto. If you want to use bacon, use half a slice of thin cut bacon.
You can also make this with green beans or thinly sliced zucchini. Basically any green vegetable that will get tender when baked.
Add roasted garlic to this recipe. Simply finely mince a few cloves of garlic and toss it with the asparagus before you wrap it and roast it.
How to make
Step 1: Prep asparagus
Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Break off the woody end of the asparagus or trim off with a knife – if you bend the asparagus at the end it should naturally snap at the right spot.
Toss the asparagus spears in olive oil and season with just a pinch of black pepper.
Step 2: wrap asparagus and bake
Cut each sheet of prosciutto in half with scissors or a knife. Wrap each spear in half a sheet of prosciutto. Then, place them on the baking sheet.
Bake at 400F for 25 minutes. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve
Storage and Reheating
This appetizer is best enjoyed immediately, but if you have leftovers you can transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat in the air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes to crisp. Top with fresh parmesan cheese and lemon juice before serving.
Check out these other party appetizers!
You can find the full instructions for making these prosciutto wrapped asparagus down below. As always, if you make this recipe and enjoy it, please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
- One bunch of asparagus – about 24 spears
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 10–12oz of sliced prosciutto or 12 slices
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese and lemon juice for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break off the woody end of the asparagus or trim off with a knife – if you bend the asparagus at the end it should naturally snap at the right spot.
- Toss the asparagus spears in olive oil and season with just a pinch of black pepper.
- Cut the sheets of prosciutto in half with scissors or a knife. Wrap each spear in half a sheet of prosciutto and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve
- If you want to add cream cheese to this recipe, spread a thin layer of cream cheese over each piece of prosciutto prior to wrapping them around the asparagus.