Move over chicken wings!
I’m not saying you have to replace your favorite buffalo wings, but make space at the table for air fryer buffalo cauliflower! Add tons of flavor to cauliflower with a spice blend, butter and hot sauce.
Toss cauliflower florets in a seasoning mixture and cook until crispy in the air fryer. Melt butter and hot sauce together to make a simple buffalo sauce. Toss the cauliflower in the sauce and cook again in the air fryer.
Serve this delicious buffalo cauliflower as an appetizer alongside your other party favorites. People will be delighted to see this healthy vegetable prepared so deliciously!
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Large chef’s or kitchen knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Air fryer
It is also delicious on top of a salad. I like to make a big bed of romaine lettuce and top it with cucumbers, celery, carrots, fresh parsley, and air fryer buffalo cauliflower. Then, I toss the whole thing in ranch dressing!
Lastly, add this to any dish that needs a boost of veggies and flavor. I even mixed it into a quick pasta salad!
- One head of cauliflower or pre cut cauliflower florets
- Corn starch
- Olive oil
- Salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and chili powder
- Hot sauce – I like to use Frank’s Red Hot
- Unsalted butter
If you don’t like to use corn starch you can use arrow root starch or potato starch in the same amount. To make this dish completely dairy free, replace the unsalted butter with ghee or a vegan butter substitute.
The spice blend can be altered to include more or less heat. To really spice it up, add cayenne pepper powder. I prefer to use standard hot sauce to make my own buffalo sauce, but you can skip the butter and use a pre-made buffalo sauce OR use a mix of hot sauce and sriracha for a different flavor profile.
How to make air fryer buffalo cauliflower
Step 1: Chop cauliflower into florets and season
To begin, cut a head of cauliflower into florets. In a small mixing bowl combine corn starch, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and chili powder.
Place cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl and toss in oil. Then, toss the cauliflower in the corn starch and seasoning blend.
Step 2: Air fry cauliflower
While the cauliflower cooks. Mix together butter and hot sauce and heat on the stove or in the microwave until evenly combined.
Step 3: toss cauliflower in buffalo sauce and air fry again
Toss the cooked cauliflower in the buffalo sauce and return to the air fryer. Air fry buffalo cauliflower for 3 more minutes. Serve immediately!
Storage and reheating
Allow the buffalo cauliflower to cool completely. Then, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Remove from fridge and re-heat in the air fryer at 375F for 5-6 minutes.
Check out these other air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Seasoned Sweet Potato Wedges
- Low Carb Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Fish Nuggets
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Mix cornstarch, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Toss cauliflower florets in oil and then in the cornstarch and seasoning mixture.
- Preheat air fryer to 375F and place cauliflower on air fryer tray. Air fry cauliflower at 375F for 10 minutes tossing once halfway through.
- Heat butter and hot sauce in the microwave or on the stove top until evenly combined.
- Pour butter and hot sauce mixture over the cooked cauliflower. Toss in a mixing bowl until all of the florets are evenly coated. Air fry again at 375F for 3 more minutes. Serve immediately