Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
Use this Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken recipe to make super flavorful grilled chicken. Marinate chicken breasts in a simple ginger lime marinade and grill for juicy and delicious chicken.
say goodbye to boring grilled chicken
If you’re one of those people who thinks grilled chicken is boring, you might think again once you try this grilled ginger lime chicken. This simple and healthy grilled chicken recipe is packed with tons of flavor, but the flavor is subtle enough that you could pair the chicken with almost anything to make a meal.
When I first made this chicken I had it on salads, sandwiches, and in quesadillas. Then when I had to test it again I found even more ways to enjoy this chicken. I particularly liked having it with some baked sweet potato fries.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Lime juice
- Avocado oil
- Fish sauce
This recipe is the perfect template for a chicken marinade for the grill. That means that you can follow the basic proportions and alter the ingredients as needed.
You can use extra virgin olive oil in place of avocado oil. You can omit the fish sauce if you would like, but I think it adds a nice level of umami flavor.
To sweeten the chicken on grill marinade slightly you can add some honey or brown sugar. If you want to add a slightly herby flavor to the marinade you can add some finely chopped cilantro to the marinade.
how to serve?
This ginger lime chicken is juicy and flavorful, BUT the flavor is subtle enough that it can be served with many items. I usually have mine on top of a simple salad, but it is also delicious thinly sliced and served on a sandwich.
These are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with this chicken:
How to make Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
To make this grilled ginger lime chicken prepare the marinade one hour prior to grilling. Then, mince the garlic and ginger and mix with coconut aminos, lime juice, avocado oil and fish sauce.
Next, place the chicken in a bowl with the marinade and toss until chicken is well covered. Cover bowl and place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Then, preheat the grill to high heat. Be sure to clean grill prior to heating. Place chicken on the hot grill and discard excess marinade.
Finally, grill ginger lime chicken for 12 minutes in a closed grill, flipping the chicken every 3 minutes. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
storage and Reheating
Allow the grilled chicken to cool completely. Then, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I prefer to eat the leftover chicken chilled from the fridge, but if you want to eat it warm you can. I recommend cutting the chicken into slices and warming gently in a medium-low pan until just warmed through.
Check out these other delicious grilled recipes
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Surf and Turf Skewers
Find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please let me know in the comments below or on Instagram.
Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
Make this simple grilled ginger lime chicken for the perfect summer meal prep
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch nub of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- At least 1 hour prior to cooking combine minced garlic and ginger, lime juice, coconut aminos or soy sauce, avocado oil, and fish sauce in a large mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add chicken breasts to the bowl and toss until they are evenly coated in the marinade. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to marinate.
- Clean your grill and preheat to high heat. Once the grill is hot, place marinated chicken on grill grates diagonally. Close the grille and cook for 3 minutes
- Flip the chicken to the other side maintaining the same diagonal on the grill. Close the grill and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and rotate 45 degrees – this will ensure the chicken cooks evenly and you get those X grill marks. Close the grill and cook for 3 minutes. Open the grill and flip again without rotating, close and cook for final 3 minutes – in total your chicken should cook for 12 minutes.
- Use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. When it shows 165F the chicken is cooked through. Enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 4 days
Leave a Comment