These Cast Iron Meatballs are healthy meatballs that you can make in one pan. This Whole30 meatball recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients. You can prep these cast iron meatballs with marinara sauce or serve them plain.
Make some Cast Iron Meatballs for Sunday night dinner!
In my family, Sunday night is pasta and meatball night and my grandmother always makes the best meatballs. While I was on the Whole30 I came up with this healthy Whole30 alternative to the standard Italian meatballs.
This cast iron meatball recipe is made with just a few basic ingredients and comes together in about 30 minutes. All you need to do is mix up the ingredients, roll it into balls, fry in the skillet, and then transfer the skillet to the oven to bake.
Once prepared, you can add marinara directly to the meatballs or serve separately.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these Whole30 meatballs?
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy one-pan meatballs?
Frequently asked questions
These meatballs are first seared on the stove top over medium heat and then finished in the oven.
After searing on the stove top, bake ground beef meatballs at 350F for 12 minutes.
Meatballs should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160F
Let’s make some Cast Iron Meatballs!
Step 1: Mix the ingredients
Step 2: Fry the meatballs
Then, heat the avocado oil over medium heat and add the meatballs to the hot oil. Cook the meatballs on the stovetop for 6 minutes and rotate to brown on all sides.
Step 3: Bake the meatballs
Step 4: Combine with sauce
Step 5: Enjoy!
How long will these meatballs last in the fridge?
You can keep these meatballs in the fridge for up to 4 days or store them in the freezer to keep longer. Be sure to cool the meatballs and sauce completely prior to freezing.
Check out these other delicious cast iron recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me in the photo on Instagram and leave a comment and review below!
- Preheat oven to 350F and add avocado oil to a 10″ cast iron skillet
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, egg, almond flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper
- Mix until evenly combined and roll into 12 even balls – each ball will be a little over 2 tbsp worth
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat
- When oil is hot, add the meat balls to the pan to cook
- Continue cooking for about 6 minutes rotating occassionally until meatballs are browned on all sides
- Place the cast iron skillet in the oven at 350F and bake for 12 minutes
- Enjoy without sauce or add a jar of marinara directly to the skillet with the meatballs and warm on the stove at medium-low heat for 5 minutes