This Takeout Style Beef and Broccoli is a healthy beef and broccoli recipe that will trick your family into thinking you’re having takeout right in your own home. Enjoy Whole30 beef and broccoli in a sweet, sticky sauce without any added sugars.
It’s a good time to make your takeout favorites at home!
I live for a good copycat recipe here on Mad About Food. I especially love making takeout copycat recipes. This takeout style beef and broccoli packs all of the flavors of a traditional Chinese takeout meal, but with ingredients, you can control
A great way to save money is to turn your usual date night or night out with friends into an opportunity to cook at home. This takeout style beef and broccoli is easy to make and therefor approachable for all levels of home cooks.
It could not be easier to make takeout style beef and broccoli at home. Grab a few basic ingredients and get to cooking. This satisfying paleo recipe will take less than 20 minutes to go from the fridge to the dinner table.
What kitchen will I need to make this Whole30 one-pan meal?
- Meat tenderizer
- Large , sauté pan or wok
- Cutting board
What ingredients will I need to make Takeout Style Beef and Broccoli?
- Broccoli florets
- Flank or skirt steak
- or soy sauce
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh Ginger
- Beef broth
How do I make Takeout Style Beef and Broccoli?
Step 1: Steam broccoli
To begin, add about 1/4 cup of water to a pot with broccoli florets. Then, bring water to a boil. Cover pot and reduce heat. Next, steam broccoli for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
Step 2: Tenderize and slice beef, then sauté
Then, pound beef to tenderize and slice into thin strips. Next, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add beef to hot oil and saute for 3 minutes tossing frequently.
Step 3: Add sauce and broccoli to beef
While the beef cooks, combineor soy sauce, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, and beef broth to make a sauce. Then, add sauce and broccoli to the pan with the beef. Next, increase the heat to medium high.
Step 4: Thicken sauce and serve
Then, combineand water. Push beef and broccoli to one side of the pan and pour arrowroot mixture into the pan and mix quickly as it thickens.
Finally, toss the beef and broccoli in the thickening sauce and saute for a couple more minutes. Remove from heat and serve with rice, cauliflower rice, or noodles.
Step 5: Enjoy!!
How long will this beef and broccoli recipe last in the fridge?
Once prepared, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Keep reading to find the whole recipe. As always, if you make this recipe, please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!Print
A healthy beef and broccoli recipe that gives you the taste of takeout in your own home.
- Add broccoli florets and 1/4 water to a pan
- Heat on high until water bubbles
- Reduce heat and cover the pan. Steam for 5 minutes
- Remove steamed broccoli from the pan and drain
- Tenderize and pound beef with a metal meat tenderizer
- Slice beef into small strips
- Heat avocado oil in large frying pan, saute pan, or wok over medium heat
- Add beef to the warm oil in the pan and saute on medium for 3 minutes tossing frequently
- While the beef cooks mix coconut aminos, beef broth, fresh garlic, and fresh ginger in a small bowl to make a sauce
- Add cooked broccoli and sauce to the pan with the beef and increase the heat to medium high
- Cook for about a minute until the sauce bubbles
- While that cooks combine arrowroot starch and water in a small bowl
- Push beef and broccoli to one side and pour arrowroot mixture into the pan
- Stir quickly as the sauce thickens
- Toss beef and broccoli in the sauce and simmer for another 2 minute
- Remove from heat and serve with rice, noodles, or cauliflower rice
Keywords: beef and broccoli, healthy beef and broccoli recipe, beef and broccoli recipe