Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken is a delicious sweet and spicy Whole30 one-pan meal. To make this simple sheet pan chicken just prep your ingredients and pop the pan in the oven.
Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken is a quick and easy Whole30 dinner.
When I am on the Whole30 I am constantly in search of easy weeknight dinners. Sheet pan meals are the easiest of them all. I just chop up my ingredients, toss them in seasoning or a sauce and bake!
This Whole30 sheet pan chicken recipe is flavorful without being overly complicated. Start with some canned pineapple, bell peppers, and chicken breast. Then, mix together the sweet and spicy sauce. Finally, toss it all together and pop it into the oven to bake.
After the sheet pan pineapple chicken bakes, I like to garnish it with some green onion and serve it with cauliflower rice. If you are not on the Whole30, this dish is delicious with regular rice. I have been cooking fluffy white rice in my Instant Pot!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this sheet pan chicken?
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy Whole30 dinner?
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- Sesame oil
- Coconut aminos
- Chili powder
- Bell peppers
Let’s make Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken!
Step 1: Cube, Dice, and Drain
To begin, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cube the chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Then, dice the bell pepper. Next, open the can of pineapple chunks and drain the juice from the chunks.
Step 2: Mix, Mix, Mix
Then, combine the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, sesame oil, salt and chili powder to make a sauce. Next, in a big bowl combine the chicken, bell pepper, and pineapple chunks. Pour the sauce over the other ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
Step 3: Bake
Then, pour the mixture onto a baking sheet. Bake the sheet pan meal for 30 minutes total, tossing once after 15 minutes. Finally, garnish the dish with some sliced green onions and enjoy!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this dish keep in the refrigerator?
Once cooked, keep this sheet pan pineapple chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keep reading to find the full recipe and list of ingredients. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments or let me know on Instagram.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Open the can of chunk pineapple in juice and drain the juice from the pineapple chunks. Reserve ¼ cup of juice for the sauce and set the pineapple chunks to the side.
- In a small mixing bowl combine pineapple juice, coconut aminos, sesame oil,salt and chili powder
- Cube the chicken breast and bell peppers and place in a large mixing bowl with the pineapple chunks
- Pour sauce over the chicken, bell peppers and pineapples and toss until each piece is coated in the sauce
- Pour the coated chicken, bell peppers and pineapple onto the lined baking sheet with any excess sauce and spread into an even layer
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes at 350F. Remove from oven, toss, and cook for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Serve with regular rice or cauliflower rice and green onions. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.