Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken
Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken is a delicious sweet and spicy one pan meal. To make this simple baked pineapple chicken just prep your ingredients and pop the pan in the oven.
Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken is a quick and easy Whole30 dinner.
When I am on the Whole30 I am constantly in search of easy weeknight dinners. Sheet pan meals are the easiest of them all. I just chop up my ingredients, toss them in seasoning or a sauce and bake!
This Whole30 sheet pan chicken recipe is flavorful without being overly complicated. Start with some canned pineapple, bell peppers, and chicken breast. Then, mix together the sweet and spicy sauce. Finally, toss it all together and pop it into the oven to bake.
After the sheet pan pineapple chicken bakes, I like to garnish it with some green onion and serve it with cauliflower rice. If you are not on the Whole30, this dish is delicious with regular rice. I have been cooking fluffy white rice in my Instant Pot!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this sheet pan chicken?
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy Whole30 dinner?
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- Sesame oil
- Coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Chili powder
- Bell peppers
You can use chicken tenderloins or boneless chicken thighs in place of chicken breasts. Just be sure to cut them into even cubes so that the chicken cooks evenly.
Chopped bell peppers taste best with this hawaiian chicken dish, but you can substitute them for other veggies if you prefer. You can also toss a diced red onion into the mixture for added flavor.
This baked pineapple chicken is simply seasoned with chili powder and salt. You can add more seasoning to this dish by adding smoked paprika or garlic powder to the pineapple juice marinade.
It is important to use canned pineapple for this recipe. Fresh pineapple contains bromelain and will make the chicken mushy. Canned pineapple has this chemical removed.
Let’s make Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken!
Step 1: Cube, Dice, and Drain
To begin, preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cube the chicken breast into bite-size pieces. Then, dice the bell pepper. Next, open the can of pineapple chunks and drain the juice from the chunks.
Step 2: Mix, Mix, Mix
Then, in a bowl whisk together the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, sesame oil, salt and chili powder to make a sauce. Next, in a big bowl combine the chicken, bell pepper, and pineapple chunks. Pour the sauce over the other ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
Step 3: Bake
Then, pour the mixture onto a baking sheet. Bake the sheet pan meal for 30 minutes total, tossing once after 15 minutes. Finally, garnish the dish with some sliced green onions, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Prepare this simple sweet and sour pineapple chicken and serve over your favorite starch. I like to serve it over a bowl of white jasmin rice to keep it simple. It is also delicious with brown rice.
For a low carb or whole30 friendly meal, serve this sheet pan pineapple chicken with cauliflower rice. Be sure to garnish it with fresh green onion for extra flavor.
How long will this dish keep in the refrigerator?
Once cooked, keep this sheet pan pineapple chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop over medium low heat.
Prep this sweet and sour baked pineapple chicken ahead of time and bake just before you are ready to enjoy.
Check out these other sheet pan meals
- Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken and Veggies
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Supper
- Pork Chop Sheet Pan Supper
- Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Salmon and Brussels Sprouts
Keep reading to find the full recipe and list of ingredients. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments or let me know on Instagram.
Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken
A healthy one pan Whole30 meal that comes together in less than an hour!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers
- 20oz chunk pineapple in juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Open the can of chunk pineapple in juice and drain the juice from the pineapple chunks. Reserve ¼ cup of juice for the sauce and set the pineapple chunks to the side.
- In a small mixing bowl combine pineapple juice, coconut aminos, sesame oil,salt and chili powder
- Cube the chicken breast and bell peppers and place in a large mixing bowl with the pineapple chunks
- Pour sauce over the chicken, bell peppers and pineapples and toss until each piece is coated in the sauce
- Pour the coated chicken, bell peppers and pineapple onto the lined baking sheet with any excess sauce and spread into an even layer
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes at 350F. Remove from oven, toss, and cook for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Serve with regular rice or cauliflower rice and green onions. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Leave a Comment