This Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect healthy game-day appetizer. Made with a creamy cashew buffalo sauce, this dip is perfect for Whole30.
The best football viewing food: buffalo chicken dip
I think its safe to say that buffalo chicken dip is everyones favorite party appetizer. It is the perfect blend of creamy, spicy and comforting.
This dairy-free buffalo chicken dip is just like the original, but without any dairy! Use cashews to make a creamy buffalo sauce and then mix it together with shredded chicken. Finally, bake it in the oven to warm.
Serve this spicy dip with chopped veggies, pretzels or dip. If you have some leftovers I HIGHLY recommend putting it on a tortilla and making a little buffalo chicken wrap!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this healthy buffalo chicken dip?
What ingredients will I need to make this spicy dip?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this perfect low carb party appetizer with basic dairy-free ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Raw cashews
- Hot Sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Garlic powder
- Dried dill
- Dried parsley
Let’s make some Dairy-Free Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Step 1: Prep ingredients
Then, preheat the oven to 350F.
Next, poach chicken breasts by adding them to a saucepan with water. Then, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Simmer 14 minutes and then remove from the pan to cool.
Step 2: Mix together
Once the chicken has cooled, shred chicken with 2 forks. Then, combine sauce and shredded chicken in the mixing bowl until evenly combined.
Step 3: Bake
Next, spread dip into a medium-sized baking dish. Then, place in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes increase the heat to a broil and broil the dip for 5 minutes.
Finally, remove the dairy free buffalo chicken dip from the oven, cool slightly and then enjoy!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this dairy free dip keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow this dip to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Soak raw cashews in water for at least 4 ours or boil raw cashews for 10 minutes to soften
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Poach chicken breasts by adding them to a sauce pan with water, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover, simmer 14 minutes and then remove from the pan to cool
- Blend cashews, hot sauce, chicken broth, salt, garlic powder, dill, and parsley in a high speed blender
- Blend until a smooth sauce remains
- Shred chicken with 2 forks
- Combine sauce and shredded chicken in the mixing bowl until evenly combined
- Spread dip into a medium sized baking dish
- Place in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes increase the heat to a broil and broil the dip for 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and then enjoy!