Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is the perfect party appetizer or football tailgating snack. This healthy cauliflower dip is whole30, vegan and paleo. This buffalo cauliflower dip is made with just 6 simple ingredients and will delight a crowd.
Make a vegan buffalo cauliflower dip with just 6 ingredients
On my Instagram page the other day I requested dip and sauce ideas from my followers. The most popular response was Chick-Fil-A Sauce, but a close second was anything buffalo. I love buffalo chicken dip, but I wanted to put a veggie spin on it.
This healthy buffalo cauliflower dip is Whole30, vegan, and paleo. It is made with just 6 simple veggies. If you plan ahed and soak your cashews the night before, you can make this delicious and healthy snack in less than 30 minutes.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Whole30 and vegan dip?
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Sauce pan
- Steamer basket
- High speed blender or food processor
What ingredients will I need to make this cheesy and spicy dip?
You need 6 simple ingredients to make this healthy buffo cauliflower dip. You will need to soak raw cashews in water ahead of time. Then you need either a head of cauliflower or cauliflower florets and steam them.
You will need some hot sauce. I like to use Frank’s Red Hot because it is affordable, delicious and Whole30 compliant. You will also need some salt, extra light olive oil and nutritional yeast. If you’ve never cooked with nutritional yeast before, it adds cheesy flavor without adding dairy to a recipe.
Let’s make a Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip!
Start by soaking raw cashews in water overnight. If you cannot soak overnight you can soak for a few hours in boiling water. Then steam cauliflower in a steamer basket on the stovetop. Steam until tender when poked by a fork, about 12 minutes.
Next, drain cashews and add steamed cauliflower, cashews, hot sauce, and salt to a food processor and process until fully combined. Then add nutritional yeast to the food processor and continue to process. While the food processor is running, slowly pour in a steady stream of olive oil.
Continue running the food processor until a light and fluffy dip remains.
How long will this vegan buffalo dip last in the fridge?
Enjoy the healthy buffalo cauliflower dip immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Should this buffalo cauliflower dip be enjoyed cold or warmed up?
This buffalo cauliflower dip reminds me of creamy buffalo queso! Because of this, I enjoy it both hot or cold. You can enjoy it immediately from the fridge or warm up slowly in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Check out these other appetizer recipes
Keep reading to grab the full recipe. If you make this, please let me know how it was in the comments below or on Instagram!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- Soak raw cashews in water overnight in the refrigerator – if you cannot soak overnight, pour boiling water over raw cashews and soak for a few hours
- Steam cauliflower florets on the stovetop in a steamer basket for about 12 minutes or until tender when pressed with a fork
- Drain water from soaked cashews and add cashews, steamed cauliflower, hot sauce, salt, and nutritional yeast to a high speed blender or food processor
- Blend or process until a smooth, even mixture remains – you may need to stop and start a few times and scrape the ingredients down the sides
- With the blender or food processor running on medium slowly stream in oil from the top
- Run the blender or food processor until all of the oil is incorporated into the mixture – you may need to turn your machine up to high to get a smooth and fluffy mixture
- Remove the dip from the blender or food processor and enjoy!