This Chocolate Cherry Chia Seed Pudding is a deliciously decadent healthy breakfast, snack or dessert made with simple ingredients. Chocolate and cherry is one of my favorite flavor combinations so I had to make a chia seed pudding version!
Make chocolate cherry chia pudding parfaits for a sweet snack
I am a big snacker and now that I am back in an office I am looking for more snack options. Usually I reach for something salty or savory, but some days I need something sweet.
Chia seed pudding with fruit is one of my favorite sweet snacks. I like to make my chia seed pudding with coconut milk to make it extra creamy and satisfying.
This chocolate cherry chia pudding is super creamy and decadent thanks to the coconut milk and cocoa powder mixture. I love the taste of cherry and chocolate together so it was a no brainer to add the cherry compote to this chia pudding!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this delicious chocolate snack?
What ingredients will I need to make this chia pudding with fruit compote?
- Light coconut milk (I find this works better with chia seeds than full fat)
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Frozen cherries
Let’s make some Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding!
Step 1: Mix the chia pudding
Cover mixture and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours. I prefer to leave the chia pudding mix overnight.
Step 2: Prepare the cherry compote
Then, prepare the cherry compote by adding 2 heaping cups of frozen cherries to a sauce pan with 2 tbsp of water over high heat. Leave on high heat mixing occasionally for about 5 minutes.
Next, reduce the heat to medium-low and smash the cherries down with the back of a fork or a potato masher. Then, once smashed, allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the compote from heat and allow to cool fully.
Step 3: Mix them together!
Use both the chocolate chia seed pudding and the cherry compote to create parfaits! This makes 4 servings and I like to store them in half pint jars.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this chia pudding keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this chia seed pudding the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A delicious and creamy chocolate cherry chia seed pudding
- Add coconut milk, water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and pinch of salt to a blender
- Blend on high until evenly combined
- Add chia seeds to a bowl and pour blended chocolate mixture into the bowl with the chia seeds
- Whisk the chia seeds and liquid together until evenly mixed
- Cover mixture and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours. I prefer to leave them overnight
- Prepare the cherry compote by adding 2 heaping cups of frozen cherries to a sauce pan with 2 tbsp of water over high heat
- Leave on high heat mixing occasionally for about 5 minutes
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and smash the cherries down with the back of a fork or a potato masher
- Once smashed allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool fully
- Use both the chocolate chia seed pudding and the cherry compote to create parfaits
Keywords: chia seed pudding, chocolate chia seed pudding, chocolate cherry chia seed pudding