Use this Air Fryer Fish Nuggets recipe to make flakey and delicious fried fish in your air fryer. These nuggets are made with simple and healthy Whole30 friendly ingredients.
Make healthy fish sticks at home with this air fryer recipe
To be honest I’ve always thought chicken nuggets were a far superior choice to fish sticks. Although, as I get older, I find myself incorporating more and more seafood into my diet.
This recipe is the perfect seafood comfort dish. I love how these fish nuggets are soft and flakey on the inside, but nice and crispy on the outside.
I served these Whole30 fish nuggets with Primal Kitchen tartar sauce and homemade french fries. It was like a healthier fish and chips that I made right in my own home!
What kitchen tools will I need to make these crispy fish nuggets?
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy fish nuggets?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these Air Fryer Fish Nuggets. The crispy crust is made with very basic grain free ingredients.
Let’s make some Air Fryer Fish Nuggets!
Step 1: Prepare the nuggets
To begin, cut the fillets of fish into bite-size nuggets. Then, prepare the breading station.
Step 2: Air fry the fish nuggets
Then, place each breaded nugget on the air fryer tray. Next, spray the nuggets lightly on all sides with cooking oil. I used spray avocado oil.
Finally, cook the fish nuggets in the air fryer at 425F for 10 minutes. Remove, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will these Whole30 fish nuggets keep in the fridge?
I recommend enjoying these immediately for the best taste and texture. They will be good in the fridge for no more than 2 days after being prepared. Reheat in the air fryer.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Two 3oz filets of thick white fish – I used cod
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Spray oil
- Cut the fillets of fish into bite-size nuggets
- Whisk the egg in a small shallow bowl
- In a separate shallow bowl combine almond flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika
- Bread each fish nugget by first dipping in the egg, then coat in the almond flour mixture
- Place each breaded nugget on the air fryer tray
- Spray lightly on all sides with cooking oil – I used spray avocado oil
- Cook in the air fryer at 425F for 10 minutes
- Remove, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!