This Maple Cinnamon Grain Free Granola is the perfect addition to your breakfast. This paleo granola is made with nuts, seeds, coconut and maple syrup.
Pop this Grain Free Granola in the oven and your house will smell amazing
The first thing I noticed when I tested this grain free granola recipe was that my house smelled like fresh-baked cinnamon rolls the whole time it was baking. BUT this recipe is much easier to make than cinnamon rolls.
I love this easy paleo granola recipe because I can keep all of the ingredients in my pantry and whip it up in less than an hour. Then, I keep it in a jar on the countertop to enjoy all week long.
Just mix together some nuts, seeds, coconut and a few other ingredients. Then, roast at a low temperature for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely and you will have a tasty, cinnamon granola.
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Wide mouth glass jars or wide mouth mason jars for storage – I love the Weck jars for storage
There are so many different ways to enjoy this delicious paleo granola. My favorite way is over full fat greek yogurt with some fresh fruit or jam. You could even make a fruit compote on the stove by simmering frozen fruit with a bit of water.
You can also enjoy it as a cereal with some almond milk and fresh fruit. It is so crunchy and delicious that it also makes a great ice cream topping.
I like to keep it on the counter for a quick snack with a good amount of protein and healthy fats from the nuts. Its a great compliment to my favorite afternoon drink – an iced shaken espresso.
What ingredients will I need to make this paleo snack?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this grain-free granola at home with just a few ingredients. PLUS, it will be cheaper than the one at the store.
- Sliced almonds
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sunflower seeds
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Maple extract
If you want to add a touch more sweetness, add 1/2 a cup of dried fruit like raisins, died cranberries or dried cherries. Feel free to really make this recipe your own!
Hot to make Maple Cinnamon Grain-Free Granola
Step 1: Preheat Oven and Mix Dry Ingredients
Mix together until an even mixture remains and each piece is coated with the cinnamon.
Step 2: Stir in Wet Ingredients and Spread on Baking Sheet
The maple extract is optional, but I think it adds a lot of flavor to this delicious paleo granola.
Mix the granola thoroughly so that each piece of nuts and seeds are coated in the wet ingredients. Then, spread the mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
Do not leave spaces on the sheet. You want the granola mixture to be touching so that large clusters form after it is cooled.
Step 3: Bake, Cool and Crumble
Next, bake the granola at 300F for 30 minutes. It should smell incredible and look golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool fully before crumbling into large chunks.
Enjoy on yogurt or as a cereal with milk or just on its own as a snack!
Allow the granola to cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container like a mason jar. Store at room temperature on the counter for up to 7 days.
Store for longer in the refrigerator. Place in an airtight jar and store in the fridge for up to 30 days.
Check out these other delicious sweet breakfast recipes!
- Salted Caramel Apple Granola
- Chocolate Sea Salt Paleo Granola
- Chocolate Cherry Chia Seed Pudding
- Healthy Almond Muffins
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raw roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine almonds, coconut, pecans, sunflower seeds, salt and cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl combine maple syrup and cococnut oil and melt for 45 seconds in the microwave
- Mix thoroguhly and mix in the maple etract
- Pour liquid mixture over dry and mix together
- Spread onto baking sheet in one even layer – its okay if the ingredients all touch eachother, thats how you get crumbles
- Bake at 300F for 30 minutes
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool completely – at least 30 minutes – and then crumble into peices