Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1 can lite coconut milk (13.5oz)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 2 heaping cups frozen cherries
- Add coconut milk, water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and pinch of salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk the chia seeds , cocoa powder, and liquid together until evenly mixed. Cover mixture and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours. If you prefer, you can leave them in the fridge overnight.
- Prepare the cherry compote by adding 2 heaping cups of frozen cherries to a sauce pan with 2 tbsp of water over high heat. Leave on high heat mixing occasionally for about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and smash the cherries down with the back of a fork or a potato mashed. Once smashed allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool fully. Use both the chocolate chia seed pudding and the cherry compote to create individual serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.