These Grain Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are made from the BEST gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are made with almond flour and a few other simple ingredients.
I wanted to make a perfect chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookie
Although I am usually not much of a baker, I got the urge to make chocolate chip cookies one night. Ultimately, I wanted them to be chewy, but they turned out fluffy and cake-like.
Don’t get me wrong, like a fluffy cookie from time to time, but I really wanted them to have a nice chewy texture.
I changed up my recipe many times and on the final try I perfected this grain free chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are naturally gluten free thanks to the almond flour.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these gluten free cookies?
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowls
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Tablespoon cookie scoop
What ingredients do I need to make these Grain Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Room temperature egg
- Light brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Fine Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips!
- Flakey sea salt
Frequently Asked Questions
You can and it will work, but I prefer the texture of brown sugar
No. It is best to use ultra fine blanched almond flour for these grain free cookies.
Yes use the same amount of butter as coconut oil. Allow the melted butter to cool slightly before mixing it in with the sugar and eggs.
How to make Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
To begin, just grab a large mixing bowl, a whisk and a spatula. Then, combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
Next, in a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a spatula.
Then, slowly mix in chocolate chips. After the batter is mixed, cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
This chilling step is important so if you know you will want to bake these cookies in a hurry you can make the dough the night before and pull it out of the fridge just before you bake.
Finally, transfer dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F. Allow to cool before you eat!
Store these chewy cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. You can store them for up to two weeks in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Check out these other almond flour cookie recipes
- Holiday Almond Cookies
- Paleo Slice and Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies
- Loaded Birthday Cake Cookie Bars
Keep reading to find the full recipe for these gluten free chocolate chip cookies! If you make them and enjoy them, please share with me on Instagram or rate and review them in the comments below!
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together coconut oil, light brown sugar, vanilla extract and egg
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a spatula
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter with a spatula
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for an hour
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of batter per cookie, place on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with flakey sea salt
- Place in the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!