These Grain Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are made from the BEST gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are made with almond flour and a few other simple ingredients.
I wanted to make a perfect chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookie
Although I am usually not much of a baker, I got the urge to make chocolate chip cookies one night. Ultimately, I wanted them to be chewy, but they turned out fluffy and cake-like.
Don’t get me wrong, like a fluffy cookie from time to time, but I really wanted them to have a nice chewy texture.
I changed up my recipe many times and on the final try I perfected this grain free chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are naturally gluten free thanks to the almond flour.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these gluten free cookies?
What ingredients do I need to make these Grain Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Light brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Flakey sea salt
Let’s make some Grain Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
To begin, just grab a large mixing bowl, a whisk and a spatula. Then, combine the wet ingredients in a bowl.
Next, in a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a spatula.
Then, slowly mix in chocolate chips. After the batter is mixed, cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
This chilling step is important so if you know you will want to bake these cookies in a hurry you can make the dough the night before and pull it out of the fridge just before you bake.
Finally, bake for 20 minutes at 350F. Allow to cool before you eat!
Keep reading to find the full recipe for these gluten free chocolate chip cookies! If you make them and enjoy them, please share with me on Instagram or rate and review them in the comments below!Print
The best chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together coconut oil, light brown sugar, vanilla extract and egg
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a spatula
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter with a spatula
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for an hour
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of batter per cookie, place on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with flakey sea salt
- Place in the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
Keywords: grain free chewy chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, chewy chocolate chip cookies