This Whole30 Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is an easy make-ahead breakfast. Prep this hashbrown breakfast casserole once and enjoy it all week.
Start your weekly meal prep with a hashbrown breakfast casserole recipe!
If you have a healthy breakfast prepped and ready to go, you will start your day off on the right foot. I find that the simple act of eating a prepared breakfast like this Whole30 hash brown breakfast casserole helps me to make better choices throughout the day. I will be more likely to head to the gym and cook a healthy dinner after work.
Eating a healthy breakfast was particularly important when I did my first Whole30. Before the Whole30 I rarely ate breakfast, but now I realize that it makes me a better person for the rest of this day. Keep reading to see how easy it is to make this healthy Whole30 hash brown breakfast casserole.
Prep this breakfast casserole with hash browns once and enjoy all week!
I created this Whole30 hash brown breakfast casserole as a simple, meal prep dish. It is easy to make in less than an hour on a Sunday and have your breakfast prepped for you for the whole week. It reheats well in a microwave or toaster oven.
When I ate this casserole for breakfast I either enjoyed it on its own or with some ketchup or with a side of chicken sausage. This casserole is also great for a party or a potluck. It gives all of the comfort of hash browns with the ease of a one pan meal or casserole.
What kitchen tools and ingredients will I need to make this hashbrown breakfast casserole?
Grab a few simple ingredients and basic kitchen tools in order to make this Whole30 hash brown breakfast casserole. To begin, you will need a sharp knife to dice the onion and bell pepper.
I like to use a thicker-walled ceramic casserole dish. If you only have a metal or glass pan, that will work too.
The basic ingredients you will need to make this Whole30 hash brown breakfast casserole are a yellow onion, red bell pepper, eggs, oil, salt, pepper, and frozen hash browns.
If you are on the Whole30, you will need to ensure that the ingredients are Whole30 compliant. Check that the hash browns do not include any sugars like dextrose.
How to make a hashbrown breakfast casserole
To make this Whole30 hash brown breakfast casserole preheat the oven to 400F and grease a 9×13 baking dish with spray oil. Then dice the bell pepper and yellow onion.
Next, add avocado oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add pepper and onion to the pan and sautee over medium heat until soft and fragrant – about 5 minutes.
Then, season the pepper and onion with salt and pepper and add the frozen hash browns to the pan. Cook the hash browns with the peppers and onions for another 3 minutes.
Then, pour cooked hash browns, peppers, and onions into the greased 9×13 baking dish. Next, scramble 10 eggs in a bowl and pour over the hash browns, peppers, and onions and stir gently.
Then, place the baking dish in the oven at cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to cool before slicing it into even squares.
Enjoy this delicious Whole30 breakfast immediately or store it in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Check out these other healthy make ahead breakfast recipes
- Paleo Breakfast Meal Prep
- Whole30 Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole
- Turkey Sausage Tomato and Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Keep reading to find the full recipe and if you make it, let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a 9×13 baking dish with spray avocado oil
- Dice the bell pepper and yellow onion
- Add avocado oil to a frying pan and heat over medium heat
- Add the peppers and onions to the pan and saute over medium heat until soft and fragrant – about 5 minutes
- Season the peppers and onions with salt and pepper and add the frozen hashbrowns to the frying pan
- Cook the mixture for 3 minutes tossing frequently
- Pour hashbrowns, peppers and onions into the greased 9×13 baking dish
- Scramble 10 eggs in a bowl and pour over the hashbrowns, onions and peppers and stir gently
- Place baking dish in the oven and cook at 400F for 30 minutes
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and allow to cool slightly
- Slice the casserole into 12 even squares and enjoy!