Turkey Sausage, Tomato and Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole is an easy make ahead breakfast recipe made with simple and healthy ingredients like ground turkey, tomatoes, onions, goat cheese, and whole eggs. It is the perfect breakfast item for meal prep or Sunday brunch!
Try this make-ahead breakfast casserole during your next meal prep!
When I prep food for the week I always tackle breakfast first. This healthy turkey sausage breakfast casserole is the perfect thing to prep on Sunday. Bake this one day and reheat each morning that week for a quick breakfast.
This breakfast casserole is the perfect thing to add to a meal prep because you can prepare the ingredients and pop it in the oven. Then, while it bakes, you can tackle the other items on your meal prep.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this turkey sausage, tomato and goat cheese breakfast casserole?
What ingredients will I need to make this breakfast casserole recipe?
To make this healthy breakfast casserole recipe you will only need basic ingredients. If you want to change things up and use different veggies or a different cheese, that will work too as long as you keep the proportions the same.
Let’s make a Turkey Sausage, Tomato and Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole!
Step 1: Chop and Sauté
Start by dicing the yellow onion and sauté in avocado oil until soft and fragrant. Next, add seasoning to the onions and sauté again.
Then, add turkey to the pan and cook until brown and crumbled. Next, add chopped tomatoes to the pan and sauté for a bit longer.
Finally, remove this mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
Step 2: Whisk eggs
Next, grease the casserole dish. Crack 12 eggs directly into the dish.
Then, whisk the eggs together until smooth and fluffy.
Step 3: Assemble
Then, assemble your healthy breakfast casserole. Pour turkey, tomato and onion mixture into the casserole with the eggs.
Then, stir the mixture gently. Finally, add in some crumbled goat cheese and stir again. If desired, add thinly sliced tomatoes to the top of the casserole.
Step 4: Bake
Next, place the breakfast casserole in the oven and bake at 350F for 45 minutes! Finally, remove from the oven and cool slightly before slicing into squares.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Can I make the breakfast casserole ahead of time?
Yes! Once baked this breakfast casserole will be good in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Just reheat it in individual slices in the oven, toaster oven, or microwave.
Can I make this with just egg whites?
Yes! Use the same cooking process for the breakfast casserole, but substitute 1 and 1/2 cup egg whites for the 12 eggs.
Keep reading to grab the full recipe for this turkey sausage, tomato, and goat cheese breakfast casserole. If you make this healthy breakfast recipe please let me know down below in the comments or on Instagram!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 16oz ground turkey
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes + more for topping
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish with spray oil
- Dice the yellow
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat and add the onion
- Saute the onion until soft and fragrant – about 4 minutes
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the onions and saute for another minute
- Increase the heat to medium and add the ground turkey to the pan
- Cook the ground turkey and break up into small crumbles until browned – about 6 minutes
- While the turkey cooks crack 12 eggs directly into the casserole dish and scramble the eggs
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan with the turkey and onions and cook for 2 more minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly
- Once cooled stir the turkey and tomato mixture into the eggs in the casserole dish
- Sprinkle crumble goat cheese over top and stir in gently
- If desired, add thinly sliced tomato on the top of the casserole
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing into squares