Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
These Blueberry Yogurt Muffins are the perfect snack! Make these delicious yogurt muffins with fresh or frozen blueberries.
make blueberry muffins even better with yogurt!
Blueberry muffins are one of my absolute favorite afternoon snacks. I made the recipe even better by mixing in a bit of plain yogurt.
The yogurt adds some extra calcium and protein to the muffins. Not to mention that the yogurt makes these blueberry yogurt muffins are super moist!
If you use plain Greek yogurt, you will add even more protein to the muffins. Greek yogurt muffins will be slightly more dense than those made with regular yogurt.
Make a batch of yogurt muffins for meal prep. Then, serve them alongside breakfast or as a snack!
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk and flat spatula
- Measuring cups, measuring spoons, liquid measuring cup
- Muffin pan and muffin liners – I like these tulip ones!
- Measuring scoop for scooping batter into muffin tin
- Wire rack for cooling
Muffins are one of my absolute favorite afternoon snacks. I like to have one with a homemade cold brew coffee.
They are also a wonderful addition to a breakfast buffet. I would serve them alongside this simple quiche recipe and some air fryer breakfast potatoes.
Can I make mini muffins?
Yes! Just use a mini muffin pan in place of a standard muffin tin. The muffin cups will be smaller so you be able to make more mini muffins than standard size and they will bake faster.
Check to see if the mini muffins are done after they have baked for about 18 minutes at 350F.
- Plain yogurt
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: brown sugar to sprinkle on top before baking
It is very easy to make these muffins gluten free. Just use an all purpose gluten free flour blend in place of the all purpose flour.
I like to use plain yogurt for these yogurt muffins, but you could also use a vanilla yogurt or even a lemon yogurt. Make Greek yogurt muffins by using Greek yogurt. They will be slightly more dense, but very moist and delicious.
If you use frozen blueberries, rinse them in a strainer and then dry them off before folding into the batter. This prevents them from bleeding color into the entire muffin.
You can add some lemon zest or ground cinnamon to these muffins to add to the depth of flavor.
How to make blueberry yogurt muffins
Step 1: prep blueberries and mix wet ingredients
To begin, preheat oven to 350F. Then, line or grease 9 slots of a muffin tin.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. If you are using frozen blueberries, rinse them in a strainer and dry water off.
This helps prevent the blueberries from bleeding in the batter. Set aside.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
Step 2: Fold in dry ingredients and blueberries
Next, add all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the mixing bowl. Fold dry ingredients into wet with a rubber spatula.
Then, fold in the blueberries.
Step 3: bake muffins
Scoop about ⅓ cup of batter into each of 9 muffin cups.Top with more blueberries and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Finally, bake at 350F for 26-28 minutes. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack and enjoy!
Storage and freezing
Once prepared, allow the muffins to cool completely. Then, transfer to an airtight container and store on the counter for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to a week.
You can freeze these blueberry yogurt muffins. Place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost muffins in the fridge or on the counter before enjoying!
Check out these other Muffin recipes
- Applesauce Muffins
- Healthy Almond Muffins
- Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins
- Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
Make delicious and moist blueberry muffins with yogurt!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 and ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 and ½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line or grease 9 slots of a muffin tin.
- If you are using frozen blueberries, rinse them in a strainer and dry water off. This helps prevent the blueberries from bleeding in the batter. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Add all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the mixing bowl. Fold dry ingredients into wet with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup of batter into each of 9 muffin cups.Top with more blueberries and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 26-28 minutes. Cool completely and enjoy!
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries
- Adding a sprinkle of brown sugar on top adds a golden brown top
- You can use vanilla yogurt in place of plain yogurt
Leave a Comment