This Peach Blueberry Crisp is the perfect summer dessert recipe. It is easy to make, flavorful, and perfect for guests!
This simple crisp is THE dessert of the summer
I hope I don’t sound overly dramatic when I saw this blueberry peach crisp is the best and easiest homemade dessert you will make this summer. It might not top an ice cream cone at the beach, but it screams summer nontheless.
Fresh ripe peaches and plump juicy blueberries are certainly two of my favorite summer fruits. Both grow locally in south jersey where I live. I always grab them at peak harvest and make this peach and blueberry crisp for my family.
One of the best things about this recipe is how EASY it is to make. Chop your fruit, toss with some sugar and top with a simple crust. Bake until warmed through and you’re ready to serve!
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Cast iron skillet OR pie plate
- Mixing spoons and large serving spoon
How to serve
This peach blueberry crisp is fantastic on its own served warm straight from the oven. It is even better topped with some vanilla ice cream or a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
- All purpose flour
- Rolled oats
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
Make this a gluten free crisp by using all purpose gluten free flour and gluten free rolled oats. Check to make sure the cornstarch you are using is gluten free or use arrowroot starch instead.
You can certainly use nectarines instead of peaches for this fruit crisp. You can actually use many different fruit combinations. I love the idea of plum raspberry crisp!
How to make a peach blueberry Crisp
Step 1: Prepare fruit
To begin, preheat oven to 375F. Then, rinse peaches and blueberries. Cut peaches into bite sized cubes.
You can either remove the peach skin of leave it on. Mix the fruit with the sugar, cornstarch, and mint in a mixing bowl.
Then, pour it into a 10 inch cast iron or a greased pie plate.
Step 2: Prepare topping and place on top
Next, mix the topping ingredients in a separate bowl (it should be crumbly but not dry!). Sprinkle the topping all over the top of the fruit mixture.
Step 3: Bake and serve
Place crisp in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 375F.
Finally, allow to cool slightly and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Storage and reheating
Once the crisp has cooled completely, transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat in the oven or microwave until just warmed through. Serve with a cold scoop of ice cream.
Check out these other summer dessert recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 5–6 medium peaches (or 7–8 small peaches)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 5–6 mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375F. Rinse peaches and blueberries. Cut peaches into bite sized cubes. You can either remove the peach skin of leave it on.
- Mix the fruit with the sugar, cornstarch, and mint in a mixing bowl. Pour it into a 10 inch cast iron or a greased pie plate.
- Mix the topping in a separate bowl (it should be crumbly but not dry!) and sprinkle it all over the top of the fruit mixture.
- Place crisp in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 375F.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Make this recipe gluten free by using an all purpose gluten free flour, gluten free rolled oats and check to make sure the arrowroot starch is gluten free