Make the best Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes using this simple recipe. Toss golden potatoes and bell pepper in a breakfast potato seasoning and air fry until crispy.
Learn how to make the BEST breakfast potatoes at home in your air fryer!
The more I use my air fryer, the more I realize that air fryer recipes work at all times of day. I am trying to add more air fryer breakfast recipes to my repertoire with these seasoned breakfast potatoes.
Serve these air fryer breakfast potatoes with some fried eggs and bacon or sausage for the perfect brunch.
I also like to add the cooked potatoes to a cast iron skillet. Then, I crack eggs directly into the pan for a delicious skillet breakfast.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes?
- Air fryer – you can make these in a standard oven on the convection setting but they won’t be as crispy
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
Which air fryer is best?
Breakfast potato seasoning blend
I used the following seasoning blend to season these breakfast potatoes. You can use this seasoning blend for many other recipes as well!
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
What should I serve these with?
These air fryer breakfast potatoes are the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch spread. One of my favorite ways to serve them is to toss them with chopped crispy bacon and place two perfectly poached eggs on top.
You can also use these to make an egg skillet in the oven with sausage and cheese. OR roll these seasoned breakfast potatoes right up into a tortilla with scrambled eggs, cheddar, black beans, sour cream and salsa for an epic breakfast burrito.
How do you make Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes?
Step 1: Cube potatoes and toss in breakfast potato seasoning
To begin, cube potatoes and bell pepper into small cubes – about 1/4″ on each side. Combine salt, pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, and onion powder in a small bowl.
Then, toss potatoes and peppers in the avocado oil and then the seasoning blend. Continue tossing until each piece is evenly coated in the seasoning.
Step 2: Air fry breakfast potatoes in two batches
Then, cook potatoes in the air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes. Toss the potatoes and cook for another 7 minutes.
Remove that batch of potatoes from the air fryer and repeat with the second batch. The second batch may cook faster.
After they are cooked, taste the potatoes and season with additional coarse sea salt to taste.
Storage and reheating
This air fryer breakfast recipe is perfect for meal prep because they reheat really well. Store the cooked breakfast potatoes in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days and reheat in the air fryer at 350F.
Check out these other healthy air fryer recipes:
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Cube potatoes and bell pepper into small cubes – about 1/4″ on each side. Combine salt, pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, and onion powder in a small bowl. Toss potatoes and peppers in the avocado oil and then the seasoning blend. Toss until each piece is evenly coated in the seasoning.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F for about 5 minutes. Pour half of the seasoned potatoes and bell pepper into the air fryer basket or tray. I find these cook best if you cook them in two batches.
- Cook potatoes in the air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes. Toss the potatoes and cook for another 7 minutes. Remove that batch of potatoes from the air fryer and repeat with the second batch. **The second batch may cook faster. Taste the potatoes and season with additional coarse sea salt to taste.