Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins are fluffy and rich chocolate muffins that are grain-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. These double chocolate muffins are the perfect treat to add to your meal prep and enjoy throughout the week!
Healthy chocolate muffins are the perfect balance of fluffy and rich
Whenever I meal prep I make a healthy treat like this chocolate muffin recipe. Then, I know that I have a healthy snack to enjoy throughout the week.
I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis so I have to be careful about the ingredients I use. Therefore, these double chocolate muffins are dairy-free, nut-free, and grain-free.
Even with the healthy ingredients, they are still fluffy and delicious and loaded with rich chocolate flavor.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these double chocolate muffins?
- Muffin pan
- Cupcake liners – you can use folded parchment paper instead of the liners
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing spoons
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy double chocolate chip muffins?
Pumpkin puree is the secret ingredient for making light and fluffy healthy chocolate muffins. This keeps the muffins moist without making them dense.
- Pumpkin puree – canned pumpkin, but check that the only ingredient is pumpkin
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
Let’s make some healthy double chocolate muffins!
Step 1: Preheat oven and mix batter
To begin, preheat oven to 350F and line 10 cupcake pan slots with cupcake liners. Next, add eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
Step 2: Fill muffin tins and bake
Next, use an ice cream scoop and add 1/4 cup of batter to each of the 10 cupcake mold slots. Then, place in the oven and bake for 32 minutes.
Step 3: Cool and enjoy!
Remove them from the oven and allow the healthy chocolate muffins to cool fully before enjoying. Finally, store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
How should I store these double chocolate muffins and can I freeze them?
Once cooked and cooled, store these healthy chocolate muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
If you want to keep them for longer, you can freeze these muffins for up to 4 months. You can remove them and defrost to enjoy one by one.
Check out these other healthy muffin recipes!
- Healthy Almond Muffins
- S’mores Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Jam Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 10 cupcake tin slots with cupcake liners
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- In a separate mixing bowl combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then fold in the chocolate chips
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to each of the 10 cupcake mold slots
- Place in the oven and bake for 32 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool fully before enjoying
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days