These Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are the perfect bite of chocolate chip banana bread. To make mini banana muffins just mix the simple ingredients in one bowl, bake for less than 20 minutes and you have a healthy and delicious treat.
Mini banana muffins are like a healthy version of Little Bites
Remember those Little Bite Muffins that you would get at school or after sports for a snack with you were a kid?
They were somehow the perfect muffin bite? These Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are the grown up version of those, but with healthy ingredients.
You know how when you make a loaf of banana bread the crispy edge pieces are super good? The mini muffin version of chocolate chip banana bread is the best because you get more of that perfectly cooked edge with a fluffy, moist center.
Check out these other gluten free muffin recipes
What kitchen tools will I need to make these Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins?
What ingredients will I need to make these chocolate chip banana bread muffins?
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Maple Syrup
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips
How to make mini banana muffins
Step 1: Prep pan and batter
First, preheat the oven to 350F and spray a mini muffin pan with oil or line with mini muffin papers. Then, place bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or a fork.
Step 2: Bake in the oven
Then, place 1 tbsp of batter into each of 27 muffins cups – you may need to bake multiple batches. Sprinkle extra mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
Finally, place in the oven to bake at 350F for 17 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
Step 3: Enjoy!
How should I store these mini banana muffins?
I like to keep these in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. When I eat them I reheat in the toaster oven so they’re a little crispy on the edges but warm and soft in the middle.
Can I make full size chocolate chip banana bread muffins?
I have not tested this myself, but it can definitely work. I would place 3 tbsp of batter in each muffin cup and bake for about 30 minutes.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a mini muffin pan with oil or line with mini muffin papers
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or a fork
- Add the eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and mix to combine thoroughly
- Add the almond flour to the mixing bowl and add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt on top of that
- Mix the dry ingredients into wet thoroughly
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Place 1 tbsp of batter into each of 27 muffins cups – you may need to bake multiple batches
- Sprinkle extra mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin
- Place in the oven to bake at 350F for 17 minutes
- Allow the muffins to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin
** You can make full size muffins, but increase bake time to 30 minutes and use 3 tbsp of batter per muffin