Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with Mixed Herb Dressing
Give your oven a break and use this Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with Mixed Herb Dressing recipe to prep some roasted sweet potatoes. This grilled sweet potatoes recipe will result in a nice char on the outside and a soft, sweet inside.
Make your whole dinner on your grill with this grilled sweet potato side dish
I am always looking for a side dish for my grilled meals that I can also make on the grill. Thankfully this simple, healthy recipe is the solution to that problem.
There is nothing worse than turning on your oven during a HOT summer day. I only do it if I am making a baked good. Being able to enjoy cookies or cake after all the sweating seems worth putting in the effort.
With these grilled sweet protato wedges with a mixed herb dressing your get the satisfaction of a baked sweet potato without having to heat up your oven!
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy grilled sweet potatoes?
I make these grilled sweet potato wedges with a flavorful spice blend so they are truly delicious on their own, but with the mixed herb dressing they are really spectacular. To make this herb dressing I went out to my herb garden and picked whatever looked good to me! That happened to be a little basil, cilantro and flat parsley.
You can basically use whichever fresh herbs you have or look best to you at the time. My favorite herb is flat parsley so if you only want to choose one that would be a good one to pick! Alternatively you could do some dill and lemon juice and leave the spice out.
Alternatively you can make these grilled sweet potato wedges without the mixed herb dressing! If you make them without an herb dressing and you are looking for a Whole30 sauce option, I recommend Primal Kitchen ketchup or barbecue sauces.
Serve your grilled sweet potatoes with these delicious homemade dips!
How should I serve these grilled sweet potato wedges?
As you can see, you can pair these grilled sweet potato wedges with mixed herb dressing with pretty much anything. We have enjoyed them with grilled wings, grilled chicken breast, steak, seafood and even on a breakfast plate! Are you convinced that you can eat them with anything?
I need you all to know that the best thing you can do with these grilled sweet potato wedges is pop them in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. When they are cooked and then cooled potatoes are not only a resistant starch, but also the perfect texture and deliciously sweet.
Before making these grilled sweet potato wedges, make sure your grill is clean. I have said this several times in my grilling series, but it is important to have a clean grill in order for your food not to stick.
Just use a simple grill brush and give it a good clean before heating it up.
Let’s make some Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with a Mixed Herb Dressing!
So at this point I hope you are more than excited to make a batch of these grilled sweet potato wedges with mixed herb dressing. Grab 2 medium-large sweet potatoes and cut into wedges. If you are feeding a crowd, feel free to double this recipe!
Prep your spice mixture and brush the sweet potato wedges on both sides with avocado oil. Sprinkle wedges with the spice mixture. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Place the sweet potato wedges on a warm grill and cook for 6 minutes on each side in a closed grill. Then move to the top rack and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the sweet potatoes from the grill and prep the mixed herb dressing.
Chop the herbs and mix with olive oil and crushed red pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the potatoes and enjoy! Please find the full recipe down below! And keep an eye out for this grilling week to continue!!
How long will these bbq sweet potatoes last in the fridge?
Once prepared, store these sweet potatoes in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in an oven or toaster oven for the best taste and texture.
Check out these other delicious recipes to make on the grill!
- Grilled Surf and Turf Skewers
- Perfectly Grilled Steak Guided with Steak Temperature Chart
- Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing
Keep reading to the full recipe. If you try this recipe and enjoy it please let me know in the comments below or on Instagram!
Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with Mixed Herb Dressing
Use your grill to roast up some sweet potatoes and serve with a mixed herb dressing
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mixed Herb Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs of choice – cilantro, basil, flat leaf parsley etc
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Slice sweet potatoes into wedges
- Combine spices in a small bowl
- Place sweet potato wedges on a baking sheet or large plate and brush on all sides with oil
- Season on all sides with seasoning mixture
- Place sweet potato wedges on the grill over direct heat
- Close the grill and cook for 6 minutes
- Flip the sweet potatoes, close the grill and cook for an additional 6 minutes
- Check the sweet potatoes, if they are soft and cooked through you can remove them from the grill
- If they need to cook a bit longer, remove from direct heat like onto a rack and cook off heat until cooked through and soft
- While the sweet potatoes finish cooking prepare a mixed herb dressing by finely chopping the herbs and mixing in a small bowl with the olive oil, vinegar and crushed red pepper
- Serve the sweet potatoes on their own or with a drizzle of the mixed herb dressing
Leave a Comment