This Easy Greek Salad Recipe is a simple and refreshing Greek salad that takes just 15 minutes to make. Combine the salad ingredients and toss in a simple homemade Greek salad dressing.
What ingredients go into a Greek salad?
There are a few different types of Greek salads. In the United States you most commonly find Greek salads that are made on a bed of romaine lettuce with lots of different toppings. This is a delicious version of a Greek salad, but these is a more simple version of a Greek salad that is sometimes called a peasant salad.
In Greece this peasant salad simply includes some cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and a big blog of feta in the center served with some seasonings and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. This Easy Greek Salad Recipe is my take on the peasant salad.
I decided to add some kalamata olives to my salad because I love them. Then, I cut the feta into cubes so that the saltiness from the feta could mix into the whole salad. Finally, I added some vinegar to the dressing.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Easy Greek Salad Recipe?
What ingredients will I need to make this Greek salad recipe?
- Cherry tomato – can use whole tomatoes and cube them
- Feta in brine – can use crumbled feta, but I prefer to cut my own block down
- Kalamata olives
- Red onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano
How do I make a Greek salad?
Step 1: Prep and cut the ingredients
First, dice the red onion into a large dice. Then, slice the cucumber in half , scoop out the seeds, and cut into half moons. Next, half the kalamata olives and quarter the cherry tomatoes. Cube the feta and add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Prepare the Greek dressing
Then, in a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, black pepper, and dried oregano. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Mix it all up!
Next, pour the Greek dressing over the other ingredients. Finally, toss to combine thoroughly.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this Greek salad keep in the fridge?
This Easy Greek Salad Recipe is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Be sure to enjoy this salad within 3 days of preparing.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A simple Greek salad recipe that you can make in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 small red onion or 1/2 of a large red onion
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 oz of feta in brine
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Dice red onion into about 1/2″ squares
- Drain feta and cut into cubes
- Quarter or half cherry tomatoes depending on the size
- Slice kalamata olives in half
- Slice cumber in half and scoop out seeds with a spoon and then slice into half moons
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, black pepper, and oregano
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat all ingredients
- Chill in the refrigerator and store chilled
Keywords: Greek salad, Greek salad recipe, Greek Salad dressing