Paleo Slice and Bake Cookies are the perfect paleo chocolate chip cookie. Make the dough then take the roll of dough out of the fridge or freezer, slice it up, and bake! You will have paleo cookies on your plate in less than 15 minutes.
Chocolate chip paleo cookies whenever you want them!
I’ve shared about this before, but my goal is to make simple, healthy recipes that I can make over and over again. I already have a paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe that I love, but it wasn’t quite easy enough.
I needed something that I could prep ahead of time and enjoy whenever I wanted some cookies. This Paleo Slice and Bake Cookies recipe allows you to have warm, soft chocolate chip cookies on a plate in less than 15 minutes.
You can just prep a roll, store it in your fridge or freezer, slice it down and bake! The best part is that you can choose to make all of your cookies at once or just a few at a time.
Why should you make slice and bake cookies?
Do you ever just want one or two chocolate chip cookies without going through the work or making a whole batch? That is the perfect time to have a roll of paleo slice and bake cookies in the fridge or freezer.
I like to keep a roll on hand for when I have company or I am having a particularly strong cookie craving. Then, I can just slice these up and have paleo chocolate chip cookies in no time!
What ingredients are used in paleo cookies?
I have made a few different paleo cookie recipes over the years. I’ve found that almond flour is best for making soft and chewy cookies. Be sure to use finely ground almond flour for the best cookies.
For sweetener I like to use coconut sugar because it is similar to brown sugar. It gives the cookies a rich brown color and makes them perfectly sweet without being too sweet.
For oil I like to use melted coconut oil best. I allow the oil to cool slightly before mixing it in with the egg and sugar so that it doesn’t cook the egg.
What kitchen tools will I need to make Paleo Slice and Bake Cookies?
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
What ingredients will I need to make these paleo chocolate chip cookies?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this healthy paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe with just a few paleo friendly ingredients.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Sea Salt
- Dark or milk chocolate
Let’s make some Paleo Slice and Bake Cookies!
Step 1: Mix the dough
First, combine egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Then, in a separate mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until evenly combined. Next, chop chocolate bar into small chunks. Fold the chocolate into the dough.
Step 2: Chill and roll into a log
Then, place dough in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove dough from the fridge and turn out on a piece of parchment paper.
Next, roll the dough into a tight ball and then into a log. Be sure to roll the log super tight without any gaps. If you leave gaps the cookies will crumble when they are sliced.
Step 3: Chill again or freeze
If you are placing the roll in the fridge, wrap it tightly in the parchment paper. If you are placing it in the freezer to save for the future, wrap it in plastic tightly and then in the parchment. Then, chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours prior to baking.
Step 4: Bake!
Next, remove your slice and bake cookie dough from the fridge or freezer. If using from refrigerator, unwrap and slice immediately. If using from freezer, unwrap and allow to thaw slightly by setting it on the counter for an hour.
Step 5: Enjoy!
How long will this cookie dough keep in the fridge?
Once formed, the log of paleo cookie dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If you need it longer than one week, you can store the cookie dough in the freezer.
Can I store this slice and bake cookie dough in the freezer?
Yes! But be sure to wrap your slice and bake cookie dough tightly in plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn. When you want to bake cookies, remove your dough from the freezer and allow it to thaw for an hour before slicing and baking.
Check out these other paleo cookies recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk into an even mixture
- In a separate mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt
- Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until evenly combined
- Chop chocolate bar into small chunks and fold chocolate into dough
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- Remove douhg from the fridge and turn out on a piece of parchment paper
- Roll the dough into a tight ball and then into a log – be sure to roll the log tight and without any gaps. If there are gap the cookies will crumble when sliced
- Wrap the log in parchment and place in the fridge or in plastic wrap and then parchment if you are placing in the freezer for later
- Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Take dough from fridge and immediately slice into 1/2″ thick rounds. If using dough from frozen, unwrap and allow to thaw for 1 hour before slicing
- Lay on the baking sheet, sprinkle with flakey sea salt and bake at 350F for 14 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack