Healthy Almond Joy Cookies pack all of the flavors of an almond joy candy bar into a healthy cookie. These almond joy cookies are soft and chewy and the perfect combo of salty-sweet.
This almond joy cookie recipes combines almonds, coconut, chocolate, and a little sea salt for the perfect cookie
The ingredients for these Healthy Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and salty. These cookies are grain free and dairy free if you use almond flour and dairy free chocolate chips to make them.
These almond joy cookies are crispy golden brown on the outside with a perfectly moist center in the middle. They are finished off with a rich chocolate drizzle and extra coconut.
Keep reading to turn your favorite candy bar into a delicious soft cookie!
What kitchen tools will I need to make these Healthy Almond Joy Cookies?
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
What ingredients will I need to make this almond joy cookie recipe?
- Almond butter
- Shredded coconut flakes
- Sliced almonds
- Chocolate chips
- Baking soda
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil
Let’s make some Healthy Almond Joy Cookies!
Step 1: Preheat oven and mix batter
Then, fold dry ingredients into wet with a spatula. Once fully combined, fold 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips into the batter.
Step 2: Form cookies and bake
Then, scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter onto the lined baking sheet for each cookie. I use an ice cream scoop for this step.
Be sure to leave a small amount of space between each cookies. You might need to do more than one batch.
Next, bake in the oven at 350F for 18 minutes or until they start to get golden brown on the outside.
Step 3: Cool and top with melted chocolate and coconut flakes
Then, remove cookies from oven and allow to cool fully on a wire rack. Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips together for the topping.
Finally, drizzle on top of each cookie and sprinkle with coconut while the chocolate is still warm. Enjoy immediately or store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
How should I store these soft bake cookies?
Once prepared, allow the cookies to cool completely. Then store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can freeze the cookies for up to 3 months and defrost and enjoy one by one.
Check out these other healthy cookie recipes!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Holiday Almond Cookies
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + more for topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine room temp egg, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk together until thoroughly combined
- In a separate mixing bowl combine almond flour, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, salt, and baking soda
- Fold dry ingredients into wet with a spatula
- Once fully combined, fold 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the batter
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter onto the lined baking sheet for each cookie – I use an ice cream scoop for this
- Leave a small amount of space between each cookies – you might need to do more than one batch
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 18 minutes or until they start to get golden brown on the outside
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool fully
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips together for topping
- Drizzle on top of each cookie and sprinkle with coconut while the chocolate is still warm
- Enjoy immediately or store at room temperature for up to 5 days