These Holiday Almond Cookies get their rich almond flavor from both almond flour and almond extract. The simple dough is rolled in colorful sugar to make the cookies festive for the holidays.
Make soft and chewy almond flour cookies
Baking with almond flour has been popularized by both the paleo and keto diet movements. Whether you follow those diets or not, baking with almond flour can give your baked goods are soft, but chewy texture that is quite pleasant.
In addition to the almond flour, I used an almond extract to flavor these cookies. They are like a soft, chewy sugar cookie with an extra punch of almond flavor.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these holiday cookies with almond extract?
- Baking sheet and parchment paper to line it with
- Large mixing bowl for mixing the dough
- Whisk and spatula for mixing the ingredients
- Scoop for measuring dough balls
- Wire cooling rack for cooling the almond cookies
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy holiday cookies?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these festive almond flour cookies in one bowl. Just mix the ingredients together, chill the dough, and bake!
- Coconut oil
- Granulated sugar
- Almond extract
- Almond flor
- Baking soda
- Colored sugar for decorating – optional
Let’s make some Holiday Almond Cookies!
Step 1: Prepare and chill the almond dough
If its difficult to mix the dough, you can use your hands to knead the dough together. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Roll dough in decorating sugar and bake
Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, preheat oven to 350F and pour decorating sugars into shallow bowls. Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator, scoop out a heaping tbsp of dough and roll into a tight ball.
Once you have rolled all the dough into balls, bake at 350F for 18 minutes. Remove the almond cookies from the oven and cool on cooling rack.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Can I freeze these almond cookies?
Yes! You can freeze these holiday almond cookies two ways. You can either freeze the fully baked cookies or roll the dough into balls and freeze the dough balls.
If you freeze them as dough balls, just remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw slightly before following baking instructions.
Want to make some other almond flour cookie recipes?
- Healthy Almond Joy Cookies
- Grain Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
Holiday almond cookies made with almond flour and almond extract
- Add the egg, coconut oil, sugar, and almond extract to a bowl and whisk to combine
- Add almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the bowl and fold in with a spatula – if its difficult to mix you can use your hands to knead the dough together
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, preheat oven to 350F and pour decorating sugars into shallow bowls to roll cooking dough in
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator, scoop out a heaping tbsp of dough and roll into a tight ball
- Roll that dough ball in the decorating sugar and place on the baking sheet – if you are skipping the decorating sugar you can place the dough balls directly on the baking sheet
- Once you have rolled all the dough into balls, bake at 350F for 18 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool on cooling rack
Keywords: almond flour cookies, almond cookies, holiday cookies with almond extract