Use this 5 Ingredient Cookie Dough Bites recipe to make delicious and healthy cookie dough with simple vegan ingredients. Top these paleo cookie dough bites with melted chocolate and flakey sea salt.
Healthy cookie dough made with just 5 simple ingredients
I have to say I am one of those people who prefers the cookie dough when its raw over the baked cookies. Anyone else with me?
I was pretty sure you would all love it too so I made these 5 ingredient cookie dough bites to get the taste of raw cookie dough in a healthy, paleo friendly dessert.
Either way I wanted to make an edible cookie dough with all vegan and paleo friendly ingredients that I could just pop in my mouth whenever.
I was determined to distill this recipe down to as few ingredients as possible. There are so many recipes out there that have chickpeas or other legumes in their cookie dough bites and I just did not want the hassle.
I am so excited to share this simple healthy cookie dough recipe with 5 basic ingredients.
What ingredients do you need to make these 5 Ingredient Cookie Dough Bites?
You’ll be amazed how easy it is to make these healthy cookie dough bites with just a few plant based ingredients. Also, you don’t need to bake these bites. Just prep the dough, roll into bites, and enjoy!
customize these cookie dough bites to make different flavors
You can easily add more flavor to these gluten free bites by adding extracts like vanilla extract or almond extract. Make a lemon cookie bite by adding 1 tsp of lemon extract and using white chocolate chips. OR make a birthday cake cookie bite by using almond extract, white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.
What kitchen tools do you need to make this paleo cookie dough?
Let’s make 5 Ingredient Cookie Dough Bites!
Next, place dough balls in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
When the dough is finished chilling, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil for topping in the microwave. Then, drizzle melted chocolate over each cookie dough bite.
Finally, top with flakey sea salt and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How should I store these healthy cookie dough bites?
It is important to store these cookie dough bites in the refrigerator at all times. This healthy cookie dough will melt fairly quickly as soon as they are removed from the refrigerator so I like to keep them in the fridge and take them out one at a time.
Can I freeze these?
Yes! I love to keep these cookie dough bites in the freezer for a cold sweet treat. They are especially refreshing on a hot summer day.
Check out these other healthy cookie recipes!
- Loaded Birthday Cake Cookie Bars
- Grain Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
YOU CAN FIND THE FULL RECIPE BELOW. IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW IT IN THE COMMENTS, OR SHARE IT WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM!
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- Add almond flour, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt to a food processor
- Process ingredients until a smooth even dough remains
- Remove blade from food processor and stir in mini chocolate chips with a spatula
- Roll dough into bite sized balls about 1.5″ in diameter and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place dough balls in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes
- When the dough is finished chilling, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil for topping in the microwave
- Drizzle melted chocolate over each cookie dough bite
- Top with flakey sea salt
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator