Make these Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins for the perfect fall treat. They are delicious gluten free pumpkin spice muffins that are made extra sweet with a few chocolate chips.
Pumpkin muffins are even better when you add chocolate chips
When I was a freshman in college I had a super long walk from one part of the campus to another. On Fridays I would treat myself to a massive pumpkin chocolate chip muffin and savor it as I walked.
Now whenever I have a pumpkin spice muffin I remember that time in my life. I found a can of pumpkin in my pantry last week and even though its not the fall, I went to town making a bunch of pumpkin recipes.
These healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are the only sweet recipe that I came up with. These muffins are a slightly sweet and spiced snack or breakfast that are perfect with a cup of coffee.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these gluten free pumpkin muffins?
- Muffin tin
- Muffin tin liners or parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- 1.5 tbsp measuring scoop
What ingredients will I need to make these pumpkin spice muffins?
You will be amazed how easy it is to make these gluten free pumpkin spice muffins with just a few basic ingredients. I recommend using the mixture of almond flour and coconut flour for the best grain free muffin texture.
- Pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Chocolate chips
Let’s make a Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Step 1: Mix wet ingredients
First, preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with liners. Then, add eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree to a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
Step 2: Fold in dry ingredients and chocolate chips
Next, add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to a separate mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Fold fry ingredients into wet and mix with a spatula. Then, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Step 3: Bake and cool muffins
Next, scoop 3 tbsp of batter into each of 10 muffin tins. Place in the oven and bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Finally, remove from the oven and cool on baking rack.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How should I store these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins?
Store these healthy pumpkin muffins on the countertop for a couple of days or in the fridge for longer. You can freeze these muffins for later, but be sure to cool them completely before freezing.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
Spiced healthy pumpkin muffins made a little sweeter with chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 10 muffin cups in a muffin tin with liners – if you don’t have liners you can use squares of parchment paper
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and melted and cooled coconut oil to a large mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly
- In a separate mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice
- Fold dry ingredients into wet with a spatula
- Then fold in chocolate chips
- Take 3 tbsp of batter and place in each of 10 muffin tin slots
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the muffin tin before transferring to a cooling rack to cool fully
Keywords: healthy pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins