This Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins recipe is the perfect gluten free carrot cake recipe. Add some frosting for a healthy carrot cake for Easter!
Make healthy carrot cake muffins for the perfect healthy sweet treat
Whenever I think of early spring recipes I think of carrot cake. I love to have carrot cake or carrot cake cupcakes at Easter or around Easter.
These gluten free carrot cake muffins are made with almond and coconut flour. I know that gluten free cakes can sometimes be dry but the finely shredded carrots keep this gf carrot cake batter super moist!
- Muffin tin and muffin cup liners
- Cooling rack
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk and spatula
- Cheese grate for grating carrots at home
I would serve these healthy carrot cake muffins with a simple cream cheese frosting for Easter dessert. If you need to plan an Easter meal, here are some of the other recipes recipes I like to serve.
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy carrot cake recipes?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these fluffy gluten free carrot cake muffins.
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda and baking powder
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and ground cloves
- Grated carrots
Additional mix ins
Add extra mix ins to these muffins for an even heartier carrot cake taste. You can add dried cranberries or raisins for a fruity taste.
How to make Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
Step 1: Whisk together wet ingredients
Step 2: Fold in dry ingredients and grated carrots
Step 3: Bake carrot cake muffins
Then, scoop a 1/4 cup of batter into each of 10 muffin cups. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake at 350F for 28 minutes.
Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool fully before enjoying.
Storage, freezing and reheating
Allow these gluten free carrot cake muffins to cool completely. Then, transfer to an air tight container. Place in the refrigerator for up to one week.
You can also freeze these muffins. Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Defrost the muffins in the fridge or on the counter and enjoy. If you want to enjoy a warm carrot cake muffin, you can reheat the muffins in a toaster oven.
Check out these other gluten free muffin recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line or grease a muffin tin. Add eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup and coconut oil to a bowl. Whisk to combine fully.
- Fold in almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and ground cloves. Mix until fully combined. Fold in grated carrots with a spatula.
- Scoop a 1/4 cup of batter into each of 10 muffin cups. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake at 350F for 28 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool fully before enjoying.
- Mix in raisins or chopped nuts for a heartier muffin
- Top with a simple cream cheese frosting to make healthy cupcakes
- Store in the refrigerator to maintain freshness