This Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins recipe is the perfect gluten free carrot cake recipe. Add some frosting for a healthy carrot cake for Easter!
Make healthy carrot cake muffins for the perfect healthy sweet treat
Whenever I think of early spring recipes I think of carrot cake. I love to have carrot cake or carrot cake cupcakes at Easter or around Easter.
I wanted a healthier version of carrot cake muffins that I could make for a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert. These gluten free carrot cake muffins are made with almond and coconut flour and are sweetened with maple syrup and apple sauce instead of processed sugar.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these gluten free carrot cake muffins?
- Muffin tin and muffin cup liners
- Cooling rack
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk and spatula
- Cheese grate for grating carrots at home
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy carrot cake recipes?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these delicious and fluffy gluten free carrot cake muffins with just a few ingredients.
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda and baking powder
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and ground cloves
- Grated carrots
How to make Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
Step 1: Whisk together wet ingredients
Step 2: Fold in dry ingredients and grated carrots
Step 3: Bake carrot cake muffins
Then, scoop a 1/4 cup of batter into each of 10 muffin cups. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake at 350F for 28 minutes.
Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool fully before enjoying.
How should I store these healthy carrot cake muffins?
I like to store these gluten free carrot cake muffins in an air tight container in the refrigerator so they stay fresher longer. If you want to enjoy a warm carrot cake muffin, you can reheat the muffins in a toaster oven.
Check out these other gluten free muffin recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line or grease a muffin tin. Add eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup and coconut oil to a bowl. Whisk to combine fully.
- Fold in almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and ground cloves. Mix until fully combined. Fold in grated carrots with a spatula.
- Scoop a 1/4 cup of batter into each of 10 muffin cups. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake at 350F for 28 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool fully before enjoying.