This Bacon Broccoli and Ranch Chicken Salad is a satisfying and flavorful low-carb chicken salad. Use ranch dressing instead of mayonnaise to tie together the bold flavors of this healthy chicken salad.
Make your chicken salad with ranch instead of mayo
One thing I have heard over and over again on Instagram is that people are NOT fans of mayonnaise. They will make my same chicken salad recipe but swap in some Greek yogurt for the mayo. This Whole30 chicken salad recipe is for all of those people who don’t like mayo.
Turns out you can use ranch dressing in place of mayo for chicken salad! The flavor of the ranch works perfectly with the chicken, broccoli, ranch, and shallots. This recipe works best with a thicker ranch dressing like my homemade ranch dressing.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this low carb chicken salad?
What ingredients will I need to make this Bacon Broccoli and Ranch Chicken Salad?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this healthy, Whole30 friendly chicken salad.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Broccoli florets
- Ranch dressing – You can use homemade ranch dressing or store bought
How Should I serve this?
Most of the time I serve this ranch chicken salad on lettuce as a big fresh salad. It is also delicious on a wrap, as a sandwich or with some crackers.
How to make ranch chicken salad
Step 1: Bake Bacon and Poach Chicken
First, bake the bacon in the oven until crispy. Then, fill a pot with cold water and place 2 chicken breasts in the pot. Next, place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil. Once boiling cover the pot and simmer for 14 minutes.
Step 2: Prep other ingredeints
While the chicken and bacon cook, dice the shallot and chop the broccoli into smaller pieces. Then, remove the chicken breasts from the water and allow it to cool slightly. Next, shred the chicken with two forks and add to a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Mix it up!
Then, add chopped bacon, broccoli, shallots, and ranch dressing to the bowl with the chicken. Finally, mix it all together so that the ranch dressing coats all of the other ingredients. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this chicken salad keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this low carb chicken salad in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Check out these other cold lunch ideas!
- BLT Chicken Salad
- Sesame Soba Noodles and Chicken
- Mediterranean Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta Salad
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 5 strips cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing – thicker dressings work best
- 1/2 a large shallot or one small shallot
- Bake bacon until crispy
- Fill a pot with cold water and place 2 chicken breasts in the pot
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil
- Once boiling cover the pot and simmer for 14 minutes
- While the chicken and bacon cook, dice the shallot and chop the broccoli into smaller pieces
- Remove the chicken breasts from the water and allow to cool slightly
- Shred the chicken with two forks and add to a large mixing bowl
- Add chopped bacon, broccoli, shallots and ranch dressing to the bowl with the chicken
- Mix it all together so that the ranch dressing coats all of the other ingredients
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days