Use this Strawberry Valentine’s Snack Mix recipe to make a delicious sweet chex mix. I added Valentine’s Day m&ms and a secret strawberry ingredient to make it extra festive!
This festive sweet and salty chex mix is the perfect Valentine’s day snack!
I don’t miss much about elementary school, but I LOVED Valentine’s day. I loved writing individual notes to all of my classmates and delivering treats to each person at their desk.
Now that I am an adult I have to make my own Valentines day magic with romantic dinners and festive treats like this strawberry white chocolate Chex mix.
My wife and I do our best to plan a reservation at a fun restaurant. Even if we don’t go on February 14th, we celebrate the day somehow.
Other than that I try to make treats for family, friends and coworkers. This easy and delicious Valentine’s snack mix would be the perfect thing to make and package into individual bags for family and freinds.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this simple sweet Chex mix?
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons for measuring ingredients
- Small bowl or double boiler for melting white chocolate with coconut oil
- Large mixing bowl for tossing all snack mix ingredients together
- Baking sheet and parchment paper for cooling sweet and salty chex mix
What ingredients will I need to make this strawberry white chocolate chex mix?
I wanted to make a strawberry flavored Chex mix, but I didn’t want to have complicated ingredients. As I browsed the aisles of my local grocery store for ingredients, I stumbled upon a box of strawberry jello mix and thought, “Maybe I can use this!”
To my pleasant surprise, I was able to mix a tablespoon of the strawberry jello mix into the white chocolate to add a delicious and subtle strawberry flavor to this sweet and salty chex mix.
- Rice chex
- Mini pretzel twists
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut oil – use refined to avoid any coconut taste
- Strawberry Jello Mix
- M&Ms – I used the Valentine’s day mix to make it extra festive
How do I make a gluten free chex mix?
You can simply make this recipe into a gluten free chex mix recipe by double checking your labels and swapping some ingredients. The rice chex, white chocolate, m&ms, coconut oil and jello mix should already be gluten free.
Swap the regular mini pretzels for a gluten free mini pretzel option. You can also use some broken up gluten free pretzel thins!
Let’s make a Strawberry Valentine’s Snack Mix!
Step 1: Prepare strawberry white chocolate mixture
To begin, combine rice chex and mini pretzels in a large mixing bowl. Then, melt white chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave.
Be careful not to overcook your chocolate. If using the microwave, melt in 30 second increments, mixing between each increment.
Then, mix the strawberry jello mix powder into the warm, but not too hot melted white chocolate.
Step 2: Toss snack mix in melted white chocolate
Immediately pour the strawberry white chocolate mixture over the rice Chex and pretzels. Toss the mixture immediately with a spatula and mix until each piece is evenly coated with the white chocolate mixture.
Step 3: Cool and enjoy the white chocolate chex mix!
Then, mix the M&M’s into the bowl with the spatula. Pour the entire mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and allow to cool completely.
Once cooled, enjoy immediately or store at room temperature on the counter in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
How should I store this strawberry Valentine’s Snack mix?
I like to store this sweet Chex mix on my counter at room temperature. Once the mix has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight container.
Store in the airtight container on the counter for up to one week (if it lasts that long!!)
Try these other homemade snack mix recipes!
- Buffalo Snack Mix – Savory chex mix tossed in a buffalo sauce
- Maple Cinnamon Snack Mix – Sweet chex mix tossed in a white chocolate maple mixture
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A festive sweet chex mix recipe made with pink m&ms and a secret strawberry ingredient!
- Combine rice chex and mini pretzels in a large mixing bowl
- Melt white chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave. Be careful not to overcook your chocolate. If using the microwave, melt in 30 second increments, mixing between each increment.
- Mix the strawberry jello mix powder into the warm, but not too hot melted white chocolate
- Immediately pour the strawberry white chocolate mixture over the chex and pretzels. Toss the mixture immediately with a spatula and mix until each piece is evenly coated with the white chocolate mixture
- Mix the M&M’s into the bowl with the spatula. Pour the entire mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and allow to cool completely
- Once cooled, enjoy immediately or store at room temperature on the counter in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: sweet chex mix, sweet and salt chex mix, chocolate chex mix