Christmas Chex Mix Recipe with M&Ms
Make a Christmas Chex Mix Recipe with M&Ms for the perfect holiday treat. Serve this Christmas crack chex mix alongside other holiday desserts!
Christmas Crack Chex Mix for parties or as a gift!
This Christmas Chex mix recipe is super versatile! Make it when you’re in the mood for something festive and sweet. You could make it and portion it out into cute little holiday plastic baggies and give it as gifts.
I would also make this for a holiday party, either one I’m hosting or even bring it to a friend’s! The ingredients are easy to find and also easily replaceable.
Put a bowl of this simple Christmas chex mix out in a bowl for kids to keep them occupied while the parents chat. It is also a delicious holiday movie snack! Munch on handfuls of this Christmas crack while you watch The Grinch!
- Large mixing bowl
- Glass bowl or a double boiler
- Silicon spatula or a wooden mixing spoon
- Baking sheet
Making it christmas festive
This Christmas Chex Mix Recipe with M&Ms can really be made any time of the year, but using the red and green colored M&Ms and Christmas themed sprinkles really make it super festive.
I especially like adding the sprinkles when I’m making this as a gift or for a holiday party.
Christmas Crack Chex Mix Ingredients
- Chex cereal (see note below on what type to use)
- Mini pretzel twists
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Powdered sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- Christmas M&Ms
- Optional: Christmas sprinkles
Ingredient Substitution Ideas
The type of Chex cereal you use in this recipe is entirely up to you! I used rice Chex, but I know that the corn Chex works perfectly as well.
If you use either of these and gluten free pretzels, this recipe is gluten free! You can use either mini pretzel twists or pretzel rods, whichever you prefer.
If you are peanut free (or just don’t like peanuts) you could either leave them out or replace with another nut like pecans or almonds.
How to make this Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
Step 1: prepare Ingredients
Pour the Chex, pretzels, and peanuts into a large mixing bowl.
Add the coconut oil into a bowl with the white chocolate chips. Carefully melt them over a double boiler or at 50% powder in the microwave at 30 second increments.
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
Pour the melted white chocolate over the Chex, pretzels, and peanut mixture and immediately mix together until the white chocolate is evenly coating each item.
Pour the powdered sugar into the bowl and toss again. Add the marshmallows and M&Ms into the bowl and toss once more.
Step 3: Cool and Serve
Spread the mixture out onto a large baking sheet and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle the Christmas sprinkles on top of everything to make it even more festive. Add it all to a large bowl if you’re serving it at a party, or portion out into individual holiday bags to give as a gift!
Store the Christmas Chex Mix in an airtight container for up to 5 days on the counter. Package into individual portions in small glass jars or baggies and share as Christmas gifts.
Check out these other sweet chex mix recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Christmas Chex Mix Recipe with M&Ms
Make a Christmas crack chex mix recipe for the perfect holiday treat!!
- 4 cups Chex cereal (I used Rice Chex)
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 (12oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Christmas M&Ms
- Optional: Christmas Sprinkles
- Pour the chex, pretzels and peanuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour coconut oil into a bowl with the white chocolate chips. Carefully melt them over a double boiler or at 50% power in the microwave at 30 second increments.
- Pour melted white chocolate over the chex, pretzels and peanuts and immediately mix together until the white chocolate is evenly coating each item.
- Pour the powdered sugar into the bowl and toss again. Pour the marshmallows and M&Ms into the bowl and toss once more.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet and allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Christmas sprinkles on top to make it even more festive!
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Leave a Comment