Make this Buffalo Snack Mix Recipe for a quick and delicious snack or appetizer. Mix pretzels, cereal, crackers, and peanuts in a buttery buffalo sauce and bake!
Elevate your chex mix with a buttery buffalo sauce
When you ask me my go-to road trip snack I ALWAYS say chex mix and some kind of candy. The candy I select rotates based on my mood, but I always go for chex mix.
I knew I needed to make a homemade snack mix. Like me, you guys LOVE buffalo everything SOO it only made sense to make a buffalo snack mix.
This delicious savory snack mix is so easy to make. Just mix the ingredients together, toss in a buttery buffalo sauce and bake. This snack mix is perfect for parties, football games or just a festive snack.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Buffalo Snack Mix Recipe?
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
What ingredients will I need to make this savory snack mix?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this buffalo snack mix with basic ingredients. Feel free to alter this list of ingredients to put your own spin on this recipe!
- Rice chex
- Mini pretzels
- Oyster crackers
- Peanuts – Roasted unsalted
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Hot Sauce
Let’s make a Buffalo Snack Mix Recipe!
Step 1: Mix dry ingredients
To begin, preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, add chex, mini-pretzels, oyster crackers, peanuts, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder to a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Step 2: Mix buffalo sauce and pour over dry mixture
Next, heat butter and hot sauce together until the butter melts. Then, mix the hot sauce and butter into an even mixture.
Then, pour the buffalo sauce over the party mix and toss immediately. Continue tossing until the buffalo sauce is evenly spread over the other ingredients.
Step 3: Bake and cool
Next, add the snack mix to the sheet pan. Then, bake at 250F for 45 minutes tossing every 15 minutes. Finally, allow the snack mix to cool completely and then enjoy.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long should I store this spicy snack mix?
Once prepared, allow this buffalo snack mix to cool completely. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 3 cups rice chex
- 1.5 cups mini pretzels
- 1.5 cups oyster crackers
- 1/2 cup peanuts (roasted unsalted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add chex, mini pretzels, oyster crackers, peanuts, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder to a large mixing bowl and mix to combine
- Heat butter and hot sauce together until the butter melts
- Mix the hot sauce and butter into an even mixture
- Pour the buffalo sauce over the party mix and toss immediately
- Continue tossing until the buffalo sauce is evenly spread over the other ingredients
- Add the snack mix to the sheet pan
- Bake at 250F for 45 minutes tossing every 15 minutes
- Allow the snack mix to cool completely and then enjoy