Strawberry Quinoa Salad
Make this Strawberry Quinoa Salad recipe for a refreshing spring lunch. Mix cooked quinoa with chopped strawberries, cucumber, fresh mint and feta for a delicious cold quinoa salad.
Prepare this cold quinoa salad for the perfect spring side dish!
Each spring I look forward to combining fresh ingredients like strawberries, cucumber and mint. This bright quinoa salad recipe combines all three with salty, savory feta and the crunch of almonds.
The dish is then tossed in a simple white balsamic vinaigrette and seasoned with just a pinch of sea salt for the perfect salty sweet balance. This quinoa salad is delicious on its own or served as a side to a larger meal.
My wife and I make this feta quinoa salad for meal prep and serve it over romaine lettuce with some grilled chicken.
What should I serve with this strawberry and feta quinoa salad?
Since it’s starting to warm up, I would serve this quinoa salad with all of my favorite grilled proteins. I listed some of my grilling favorites below!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this quinoa salad with feta?
- Sauce pan for preparing the quinoa
- Measuring cups, measuring spoons and a liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowls and a mixing spoon
- Sharp knife and cutting board
What ingredients will I need to make this strawberry feta salad?
- Dry quinoa – I like to use white quinoa, but you can use any color
- Cucumber – you can leave the seeds in or deseed them
- Feta – I like to use a block of feta in brine and crumble it myself
- Sliced almonds – you can use them toasted or raw
- Extra virgin olive oil and white balsamic vinegar
- Coarse sea salt
How to make a quinoa salad recipe with feta, strawberries and cucumbers
Step 1: Prepare quinoa
To begin, prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Then, cool and fluff with a fork.
Step 2: Chop cucumbers and strawberries
While the quinoa cooks and cools, chop the cucumbers and strawberries and slice the mint. Then, mix together the olive oil and the white balsamic in a small mixing bowl.
Step 3: Mix salad together
Next, pour the cucumbers, strawberries, feta, almonds, mint and vinaigrette over the cooled quinoa. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top and toss to combine thoroughly.
Finally, serve chilled or at room temperature.
How long will this strawberry feta salad keep in the fridge?
I find that this quinoa salad recipe is best enjoyed immediately, but it will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
If you want to prepare this salad ahead of time, prepare the quinoa and place it in the fridge to chill for up to 24 hours. Then, mix all of the ingredients together just before serving.
Check out these other delicious vegetarian side dish recipes!
- Veggie Couscous Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Easy Greek Salad Recipe
- Slow Roasted Tomato and Burrata Salad
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Strawberry Quinoa Salad
Make a delicious and refreshing quinoa salad with strawberries, cucumber and feta
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Cool and fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa cooks and cools, chop the cucumbers and strawberries and slice the mint. Mix together the olive oil and the white balsamic in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the cucumbers, strawberries, feta, almonds, mint and vinaigrette over the cooled quinoa. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top and toss to combine thoroughly. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Leave a Comment